Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I think i have a good CPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

bradlie1

So im a first time user of the dolphin emulator and the first game i got was naruto clash of the ninja 2. I wanted to play 2 player mode with my cousin and the game works fine but it is slow. Not Terribly slow but still slow in general. I havent tried any other games yet though. I tried game booster at first but that was a failure and i put frame skip to 120 but that didnt work either! Im pretty sure i have a good cpu since i can play multiple pc games such as Street fighter x tekken,The walking dead 1-5 and etc. All on max settings so in other words in HD to the max

Here are my Specs
Processor: AMD e2-3200 gpu with radeon hd graphics
RAM:6.00(2.49 Usable)
System type:32 bit
Chip Type: AMD Radeon HD 6370D
I doubt youll be able to play any games. You have a budget line AMD processor.

My rig can play most Gamecube games with IR 2x with All enhancements max, but WII is hit and miss.

I use a real WII for my WII games and this emulator for Gamecube games.
That's not even close to fast enough.
AMD e2-3200 ? That's a nettop low-TDP weak processor, maybe enough for PSX emulation but isn't good enough for Dolphin. Maybe it will run Gradius, Castlevania or Contra ReBirth at full speed but Clash of Ninja 2 is quite demanding, for AMD CPUs you'll need at least Phenom II at 3GHz to play it at full speed or close to.
>frameskip of 120
lel

Anyway, your processor is not that great. Sorry bud.
By the way, in dolphin, because of how the actual wii works, each frame still has to be fully calculated, so frameskipping does more or less nothing.

bradlie1

Thanks. I know this is going to be much to ask but can you give me a list of games i could play then? Not download links or anything like that just a list
(12-25-2012, 06:31 AM)ShadowFlash Wrote: [ -> ]AMD e2-3200 ? That's a nettop low-TDP weak processor, maybe enough for PSX emulation but isn't good enough for Dolphin. Maybe it will run Gradius, Castlevania or Contra ReBirth at full speed but Clash of Ninja 2 is quite demanding, for AMD CPUs you'll need at least Phenom II at 3GHz to play it at full speed or close to.
Quote: Not download links or anything like that just a list
Even mentioning pirating games can get you banned. Only ever use legitimate disk images, made by yourself, from your own disks, with your own wii/rawdump compatible drive.
(12-25-2012, 10:56 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: Not download links or anything like that just a list
Even mentioning pirating games can get you banned. Only ever use legitimate disk images, made by yourself, from your own disks, with your own wii/rawdump compatible drive.

I think the OP is aware of the consequences of piracy, hence the OP is just asking for a list of games. Also, technically doesn't matter who made the disks images (you, your friend, a parent) or on who's hardware, as long as the dumping is of a disc you own as a personal copy. But I understand your emphasis on playing it safe :p Don't mention downloading games and don't ask for download links; just remember those two biggies.

Anyway, concerning the OP's inquiry, not too many games will even run half-wise decent. If you can deal with running games at half-speed, these are some you could try, since they're very light:

TimeSplitters 2
New Super Mario Brothers Wii
Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Even on those, you shouldn't get your hopes up too high. It's a weak CPU you're running, after all.
Pages: 1 2