Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: making a virtual memory card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

sacfdsvbs

So I've been trying to play Zelda WW and I can't save the game, how exactly do I make a virtual memory card to save to, with the x64-v3.0-898 version of Dolphin? All the tuts I find from Googling are for older versions. I'm using x64-v3.0-898. Thank you.
Dolphin should create a memory card file for you if one doesn't exist. Make sure you have the proper permissions on your Dolphin folder (right click Dolphin, run as admin) and see that it isn't in some place like Program Files. You might also want to delete the current memory card file (look in Dolphin's GC folder) to force Dolphin to make a new one. If you're still getting problems, Dolphin should display yellow text messages at the top everytime you try to write to the memory card file; what message do you see?
How about letting us know whats the issue with the native memory card file? do you get any errors? Also try using a diffirent version. EDIT: Ninja*d

sacfdsvbs

Yes! I deleted the memory card file and am now able to save the game properly!
Thanks!