Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 0xc000007b Error (please read)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BritishRider

About my problem...

I am running a fresh install of Windows 7 x64 and obviously the problem is with Dolphin Emulator x64 (version 3.0-898 to be precise).
My computer is more than capable of running any game (this is not the problem).
EVERY SINGLE one of my drivers are up to date including GPU drivers. (AMD Radeon 6970).
I always right click the .exe file and run as an admin.
Dolphin x64 will not start and gives the error "0xc000007b".

[Image: errortql.png]

Methods tried...
- Uninstall, restart and re-install every single Microsoft Visual C++ package and service pack I can find.
[Image: installed.png]
Links below to where I downloaded them from.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667

- That didn't work so I tried the program "Dll-Files Fixer" and also cleaned my registry.
- Surprise surprise, that didn't work either, so I went on to run "chkdsk" when Windows next started.
- I also tried downloading "xinput1_3.dll" and placing it in the Dolphin folder.

I am running out of ideas. Please help. Rolleyes

P.S.

I apologize if this doesn't apply to you but I am looking for help. If you are going to try and talk to me like I'm stupid, patronize me or be sarcastic then don't bother. I'm looking for help, not an argument. So before you say "learn to search the forums, many others have had this problem" I obviously have searched the forums and read many topics regarding this issue for me to realize that most of the people that reply to other threads do so with patronizing unhelpful comments. Please don't waste this topic with your filth. Thanks.
Not to sound patronizing but the source of the problem has clearly been documented here on the forums. This issue is due to having 32-bit DLLs installed on a 64-bit system. Your screenshot shows that you have the x64 and x86 (64 and 32-bit, respectively) versions of the MS C++ Redistibutable installed. You need only the x64 version. Uninstall everything (you probably don't need those old versions from 2005/2008 either) and use the 64-bit version. The main site's FAQ should have this covered with links.

Also, downloading random DLLs online is a recipe for headaches :p
@ Shonumi: the VC++ redist isn't the problem here. Also there's nothing wrong about having both the 32 and 64 bit runtime installed

@ BritishRider: Dolphin apparently is the only true 64 bit application that you're trying to use. It's not a problem with Dolphin, it's your fault. Do not ever just randomly download DLL files off the net, it will screw up things and that's exactly what happened in your case. Remove all of those downloaded dlls and use the proper runtime installers instead.

btw, not trying to be an ass or something but you're like the 1000th user asking this question. 0xc000007b errors are always a user error, and it's always the same error source.

EDIT: To make my point more clear, your problem is not the VC runtime but the DirectX runtime. Likely, anyway; there's no way for us to tell where the issue is when people have a habit of downloading dll files from random sources and placing them all over their system.

BritishRider

Hi thanks for your helpful replies. I managed to fix it finally. I searched my C: drive for any traces of the xinput dll files, removed them. I then restarted my PC and re-installed DirectX.