Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: AMD A6 4400M VS INTEL CORE i5 3210M. Is i5 Ivy Bridge worth the extra $50?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have yet another question :p. I can get a Samsung with the A6 4400M and Radeon HD 7520g for $300, or an Asus with Ivy Bridge i5 and Intel HD 4000 for $350. Is the i5 a better choice and worth the extra money? I want to know which will play games demanding like Metroid better and which can run less demanding games such as Wind Waker better at 1 and 1.5 x IR. Which is the better machine? Thanks in advance. Smile
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Proc...436.0.html
i5 3210M : Rank 57 , Cine Bench Single Thread : 4157.5
AMD A6-4400M : Rank 235 ,Cine Bench Single Thread : 2305
i5 is twice as fast
Go for the i5. Intel is always the best choice for Dolphin.
(12-22-2012, 11:32 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]i5 is twice as fast

Surprising, considering A6 has a higher clock speed, base and turbo. This is a great example of how the GHz of a processor doesn't nessessarily make it better. Notebookcheck.net also ranks Intel's HD 4000 ahead of the Radeon HD 7520g. Does this mean 4000 can handle light games like Wind Waker at 1.5IR?
(12-23-2012, 07:32 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]Notebookcheck.net also ranks Intel's HD 4000 ahead of the Radeon HD 7520g.

It just mean that they are both really horrible GPUs.

(12-23-2012, 07:32 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]Does this mean 4000 can handle light games like Wind Waker at 1.5IR?

Maybe. Personally I wouldn't buy either one. You're going to be stuck with a brand new machine that is going to be very GPU limited.
Well I'm honestly fine with 1x IR, and my flatscreen plays the GameCube at 480i; I'm used to it. Also I don't have a computer and I want one soon. So I can live with 1x IR.
Everyone has a boner for Intel, and while it may be faster, you should decide yourself instead of asking others.
But as long as you know what you're doing you'll go for intel. People 'have a boner' over Intel as opposed to AMD because AMD is a filthy, 90 year old, disease-ridden ex-hooker, as opposed to the likes of Megan Fox.
Quote:Everyone has a boner for Intel, and while it may be faster, you should decide yourself instead of asking others.

What possible reasons could you come up with for buying a processor that's half as fast and consumes more power for the same amount of money?

"While it may be faster". What else is there to talk about? That's literally what defines a processor as better.