Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Last Story 30 fps at 100%, 60 fps at 200%
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Xelion

Hi, I'm new on the forum and on using Dolphin too.

I've been trying to play Last Story on Dolphin 3.0-878.
At least on the first half an hour, I get 30 fps - 60 vps at 100%. So the game runs at normal speed but with low FPS.
But.. if I activate FPS limit, the games plays without problem at 60 fps, but the vps goes to 120, making the game run at 200%. It goes really fast this way, I can't even listen/read dialogues and fights go too fast.
As you can see, VPS are always the double of FPS. Is this supposed to be like this? Isn't there a way make both FPS and VPS the same?

I also tried the only other game I have, Samurai Warriors 3, the FPS are also half the VPS (the same thing happened to me in every other revision I tried, including some 2.0 ones). Though here there's only half FPS while in battle, while on menues and videos it's 60/60.

I've tried checking and unchecking many options, dual core processing, changing DX11 to DX9, etc, but there seems to be no change at all. The game still always running at 100% only with 30 FPS.

Thanks!
Wii/GC games are either :
_NTSC : 30 or 60 FPS
_PAL : 25 or 50 FPS
Quote: Is this supposed to be like this?
Yes , same FPS on the real console .
Quote:Last Story 30 fps at 100%, 60 fps at 200%
When you reach Lazulis city , your frame rate will go down (I guess : 20-25 FPS or even slower)

Xelion

I see, well at 30 fps it's still pretty playable, I just thought I had a problem with my Dolphin config or something. Thanks!
25 or 30 FPS (0.5x50 or 60) means that game usin Progressive Scan. Its not an issue.