Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help me choose laptop that can run dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Read my post above your post Tongue

(12-19-2012, 10:16 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]-> Apply aftermarket thermal compound (Arctic Cooling MX-4) and remove the dust in the fans of the notebook every month.
yeah, i've read those and edited my previous post. thanks for the quick replies guys

Smile

i can't for friday
no problem, we're always glad to help. Cool
Aftermarket thermal compound is much better than OEM thermal compound . You have to disassembly your laptop then apply TC on GPU & CPU (search tutorial video via youtube)
Disassembly a laptop = break warranty . Becareful ... Once you break it , there is no going back
Just to make sure, does it absolutely have to be a laptop? Sometimes people think they need a laptop just because people have told them laptops are better. If you'd actually be OK with a desktop PC (ie you aren't needing this machine to be usable on trains, in hotels, and at work) then you could get a more than good enough desktop PC with that budget. You sound like you propaly know what you need, but It's better to check than let you waste your money.
^ yeah, because i'll need it for college stuff too. better buy thing that can fulfill all my needs in one package, although the performance isn't that great
Okay, it's your decision Wink But make sure you follow our advices.
I never understood why people feel that they need a laptop for college. I brought both a desktop and laptop to university and hardly ever used the laptop.
I shared a rather small dorm room for about a year. Personally, a desktop setup was less than ideal for that situation. The desks in that room were also not very well orientated to run the necessary cables for a desktop. My second year room was much better (it had a hole in the side just for those cables) but I can't imagine trying to use a desktop before that. I just left my desktop at home while I was at college (I came back every weekend anyway) and used my laptop for school. Although, now that school's done with, I hardly ever touch my laptop except as a guinea pig system :3
Well, my school doesn't always have power all the time and the secondary power source had specific designated times for it to be used, so laptops all the way for me in school.
Pages: 1 2 3