Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker Sound & Deluxe Pictobox issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heyho,

for the last couple of days I've tried to fix some issues I've experienced with Dolphin and Zelda: The Wind Waker. I tried many different versions of Dolphin and read tons of info on the web but I just can't get it done. That's why I registered and decided to ask you guys for help. Smile

The game runs fine until suddenly the sound begins to repeat and hang. Just a single tone repeats high frequently over and over again. The game doesn't crash and continues smoothly but it's just unplayable. It only stops when I close and restart the game. But then it's just a question of time this bug appears again. Unfortunately my system can't handle DSP LLE.

This bug occures in many versions of Dolphin and I think the newer ones are more affected. There are some versions in which this bug doesn't happen, e.g. 3.0-161, but I can't use those versions as well because other annoying bugs appear then. For example the not moving platforms in the tower of gods or I can't talk to the Great Deku Tree and so on.

Another issue I'd like to talk about is about the deluxe picto box. The "normal" one worked without problems and also the sidequest was possible. But with this deluxe thing every photo taken is black and in the menu of the cam where you can look at the photos it looks like there are no photos although there are, you know, I can delete them for example. I didn't find a version of Dolphin where this wasn't the case.

I'm looking forward to hearing some helpful ideas, especially in terms of the sound bug. I thank you guys in advance! My Specs:

Win7 32bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16 GHz
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (an old one, I know, but it's still able to handle the newer games)
Current Dolphin Version: Dolphin [new-ax-hle] 3.0-850 (x86 of course)

Edit: I forgot to post my Dolphin settings. Actually I use the default settings except:

- I use XAudio2
- I enable cheats
- I use a custom hack: 0.7 zfar (so that the blurr effect disappears)
- I use OpenGL and higher resolution, fullscreen etc.
LLE is required to get proper audio emulation. It's not the programs fault if your system is not fast enough to handle it. You will get audio bugs by using HLE, this is completely normal.

What are your settings?
Quote: What are your settings?
I added them in my first post. Mainly I use the default settings, the settings that are adjusted when you download Dolphin. But I can post some of them:

[General]

Enabled dual core
Enabled idle skipping
Enabled cheats
Framelimit: Auto
JIT Recompiler

[Audio]
DSP HLE
XAudio2

[Graphics]
OpenGL
Res 1024x768
Fullscreen
Hidden Mouse
Internal Res 2xNative
Enabled scaled EFB copy

Custom Hack 0.7 zFar to turn off blurry

Well, all other settings are default...If you need more I can complete them or upload an image.
Quote:It's not the programs fault if your system is not fast enough to handle it. You will get audio bugs by using HLE, this is completely normal.
Don't misunderstand me, I don't blame Dolphin or anything/anyone else. I just want to find out and try if it's possible to fix my problems without LLE. Especially because I didn't have that sound problem in version 3.0-161.

I just played Zelda again and noticed that this bug happens when there is a very very short lag that comes together with some short textures flickering at some points. I had those short lags in all other versions. Also in 3.0-161 but there was no sound bug coming with these. I think in 3.0 release it wasn't, too.

Maybe this sound bug is caused by those lags and the lags are caused by this texture flickering, I don't know. Maybe the other way around...
Texture flickering can be resolved by turning off "Disable per-pixel depth" in the hacks section of the graphics configuration.

Try the d3d9 and d3d11 video backends and see if the pictobox issue is resolved by either of those.
Quote: Try the d3d9 and d3d11 video backends and see if the pictobox issue is resolved by either of those
Yay, nice one, d3d11 made it possible to take coloured photos! Thanks!

Quote: Texture flickering can be resolved by turning off "Disable per-pixel depth" in the hacks section of the graphics configuration.
Unfortunately this didn't work. I guess it only stops that permanent flickering you can see for example at the sea waves and so on. But in my case it's more like from time to time happening. Like hitching. And it's hard to explain but maybe flickering is the wrong word. It has some kind of grey areas on the textures for a short moment together with a FPS drop.
(12-20-2012, 08:45 PM)Flachzang Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: Texture flickering can be resolved by turning off "Disable per-pixel depth" in the hacks section of the graphics configuration.
Unfortunately this didn't work. I guess it only stops that permanent flickering you can see for example at the sea waves and so on. But in my case it's more like from time to time happening. Like hitching. And it's hard to explain but maybe flickering is the wrong word. It has some kind of grey areas on the textures for a short moment together with a FPS drop.

Any screenshots?
Will require good timing cuz it's a short effect but I'm going to upload a screenshot tomorrow.

Edit: If the world will still exist...(12/21/12)
The picture issue can be solved by using the EFB->RAM option in the graphics settings
Enable the Cache of EFB Copies to RAM to gain some extra Performance.
Pages: 1 2