Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: AND A6-4400m with integrated graphics - prediction wanting feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
if you go to cnet, on laptops there is an article on a 329.99 dollar laptop with a6 4400m. at first i paid no attention. but my soon found curiosity won. this laptop has a 2.7 ghz processor that turbos to 3.2 ghz. thats a better base and turbo than ivy bridge 3210m. also, the radeon discrete graphics are better than hd4000. so i saw a video of someone playing windwaker with a macbook with sandy bridge i5 with hd3000, at 40fps av. so wouldnt this cheap machine run wind waker, double dash, pok.xd, tp, etc with the dual core a6 pc? yes, but at vwhat av. fps and with what settings? i am all ears and want to learn. Smile
Do you think it would be useful to mention which discrete graphics the laptop has? Besides that, the AMD chip will never see 3.2GHz while dolphin is running. Intel is almost always the better choice when paired with a decent GPU. You also shouldn't compare random youtube videos with other random games, settings and hardware.
(12-18-2012, 08:52 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think it would be useful to mention which discrete graphics the laptop has? Besides that, the AMD chip will never see 3.2GHz while dolphin is running. Intel is almost always the better choice when paired with a decent GPU. You also shouldn't compare random youtube videos with other random games, settings and hardware.
its the hp pavilion g6-2228nr with radeon hd 7520g so how well would those games run on 720p and 480p?
That's not a discrete GPU. You can do 1xIR (640x528) with that GPU, but it's really not worth getting at all. If you can find something with an HD7970m, HD7950m, HD7850m or an HD7750m, that'll be good.
(12-18-2012, 10:47 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]That's not a discrete GPU. You can do 1xIR (640x528) with that GPU, but it's really not worth getting at all. If you can find something with an HD7970m, HD7950m, HD7850m or an HD7750m, that'll be good.
well, money is my problem. i dont have a laptop to call my own, i usually use my parents. i could never afford a laptop with those gfx, since i plan to get it before may. i will have 400 dollars by then, and i cant find a laptop that good for the price. also, is 1xIR better or worse than 480p and with that would those games run 45 fps and higher? i am somewhat a noob :p
AMD 7520G is listed behind Intel HD 4000's rank (notebookcheck.net) . Therefore , it can handle 1x IR (480p) on most games or 2xIR (720p) on some games . But Integrated GPU will keep bottlenecking the CPU if you use it to play graphic intensive games such as SMGalaxy , TLStory , XenoBlade ....
Btw , Intel HD 4600 = Nvidia 425M . Holy crap !
(12-18-2012, 11:11 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]AMD 7520G is listed behind Intel HD 4000's rank (notebookcheck.net) . Therefore , it can handle 1x IR (480p) on most games or 2xIR (720p) on some games . But Integrated GPU will keep bottlenecking the CPU if you use it to play graphic intensive games such as SMGalaxy , TLStory , XenoBlade ....
Btw , Intel HD 4600 = Nvidia 425M . Holy crap !
how many fps would pokemon xd and wind waker get ? at both 480 and 720? and whats bottlenecking lol
Quote:how many fps would pokemon xd and wind waker get ?
I could guess
Pokemon XD : Unplayable
Wind Waker : Near Full speed 20-25 FPS (PAL version) or 25-30 FPS (NTSC version) with EFB copies to texture , 18-20FPS with default settings (EFB copies to Ram)
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-tlo...speed-help
Quote:whats bottlenecking lol
GPU bottleneck CPU = GPU hold back CPU power
I always wondered...if you have the PAL and NTSC versions of the same game would they run at the same FPS?
(12-18-2012, 11:57 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:how many fps would pokemon xd and wind waker get ?
I could guess
Pokemon XD : Unplayable
Wind Waker : Near Full speed 20-25 FPS (PAL version) or 25-30 FPS (NTSC version) with EFB copies to texture , 18-20FPS with default settings (EFB copies to Ram)
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-tlo...speed-help
Quote:whats bottlenecking lol
GPU bottleneck CPU = GPU hold back CPU power
pokemon xd with 480p smaller window? and should i overclock to 4.0ghz or is cpu fine? also, what would be slow on pxd walking or battling?
Pages: 1 2 3