Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 2 mouses = 2 wiimotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know we can't do that yet but it's just an idea.

You can use you laptop's touchpad and a usb mouse. 2 wiimotes.

I remember i had a pc game called ricochet that if you play multiplayer you could use 2 mouses.
not sure... idk because the mouse and the trackpad both control the same thing... i dont even know where to start with how to read them seperately... i suppose it is possible
(07-16-2009, 02:18 AM)ssbbtriforce Wrote: [ -> ]I know we can't do that yet but it's just an idea.

You can use you laptop's touchpad and a usb mouse. 2 wiimotes.

I remember i had a pc game called ricochet that if you play multiplayer you could use 2 mouses.

Mice buddy, mice.

It is possible if Windows doesn't recognize the mouse as a mouse and starts treating it as thus. If you have another driver to use with the mouse that treats it as an HID device (so basically a mouse, but not really a mouse) then it is possible.

Hope that makes some sense.
that's not so easy
the wiimote has also buttons on itself
(07-16-2009, 06:27 AM)MrApocalisse Wrote: [ -> ]that's not so easy
the wiimote has also buttons on itself

That's why you map the buttons to the keyboard. However, it would be pretty damn awkward when two people are using two mice but the same keyboard. For it to work, one person would have to be left-handed and the other right-handed.
the windows windowing system won't support it. Linux and mpx support it though. Doubt dolphin will have it's own linux fork.
(07-16-2009, 01:07 PM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]the windows windowing system won't support it. Linux and mpx support it though. Doubt dolphin will have it's own linux fork.

Really, Windows SHOULD allow us to use another mouse just as an HID device to use in other apps and allow to have just one actual "mouse" to use in Windows.

But, reality, I guess is that it doesn't so we'll just have to wait until we get something like the ability to use two wiimotes and/or the ability to use a wiimote and a mouse/keyboard setup for 2P.

elvaletos

someone was play game on PC "Shadowground" ?

this game supported 4 players coop at one monitor, and support 4 mouse at one time, 4 keyboards, i was play with friend on 1 PC, with 2 mouses and 2 keyboards, in configuration they was called mouse0/mouse1 and keyboard0/keyboard1,
both mouse was USB, and 1 keyboard PS/2 and 1 USB,

i think this will be good, if you guys can emulate wiimote as mouse0,1,2....