Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy setup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm playing SMG (US version) and I'm having a few problems with frame rate dropping. It hovers around 50 - 63. I've turned on frame limiting and that has fixed the sound breaking up, but when I came up against the first boss (in the lava pit) frames dropped to around 20. I've followed the recommended setup and I think my PC should be powerful enough to run it with out issue (spec below)

i5 2500k @ 4.6 ghz
AMD 6970 2gb
16gb Ram @ 1600mhz
Dolphin x64 3.0-883
1st - Use the settings for best speed (link in my sig)
2nd - Try the official Dolphin 3.0 release

btw: Your setup is good enough Wink I guess, there is something wrong with your Dolphin settings.
Thanks, I've installed v3 Dolphin and copied across my save game, but it's not showing in game. Are they not backward compatible between builds?
Normal saves are but savestates aren't
Thats strange because my normal saves aren't showing up. They do in other previous builds just not v3. I can see it's there in the save directory, the game just doesn't load it.
(12-17-2012, 01:36 AM)syztemlord Wrote: [ -> ]Thats strange because my normal saves aren't showing up. They do in other previous builds just not v3. I can see it's there in the save directory, the game just doesn't load it.

Delete your data file and try to use "Wii save import" (in Tools menu)
Thanks, tried that but still no joy.
(12-17-2012, 02:57 AM)syztemlord Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, tried that but still no joy.

Make your save again (with an old build). Then try to use it with 3.0
Thanks again Vader, I've now tried a slightly older build (835) which has improved frame rate. It now flicks between 56 - 61. Just wondered if there was a way to lock the framerate to 60 to stop the odd sound glitch?
Set the Framelito to "auto" or to "60"