Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can dolphin be...a little inconsistent?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Example: i ran SMG2 on r 787 and SMG2 was ok for the most part but a bit laggy (drop to 55 fps and sometimes even 40!) but when I switched to r6569 I had to limit my frames on SMG2 or else it'd go super fast! Same with Last Story...I just reached the city area (the place where its suppose to lag hella hard)...playing on 787 it drops to like 24 fps in certain areas in city...r6569 I can maintain 30fps even in heavily populated areas! I just wish I there was a revision that had the frames of r 6569 but the features of the latest dolphin.
The emulator is being more and more accurate and stable so that's why performance take a hit.
But what hardware you're on plays a big role in this too. Seeing your hardware I guess you're using DSP LLE and that's also a big factor.
Overclock that 3570K of yours as far as your cooler will allow and you'll have no trouble playing any game at full speed on the latest revisions.
I am OC'd to 4.5 TBQH

Edit: By the by even in latest revisions, I can get max speed for pretty much every game I play, just that SMG SOMETIMES gives me trouble and Last Story as well.
We're all in the same boat, so this is nothing unique.
Well have you ever been playing SMG on later revs and sometimes it performs NICE! SOMEtimes gets a bit laggy? (50-55fps, sometimes drops to 40s)
(12-16-2012, 07:48 AM)xcyper33 Wrote: [ -> ]Well have you ever been playing SMG on later revs and sometimes it performs NICE! SOMEtimes gets a bit laggy? (50-55fps, sometimes drops to 40s)

Oh yeah, a lot of times. And that's only with Turbo Boost and no OC at all + I use DSP LLE which I assume you do too.
(12-16-2012, 07:51 AM)Duke Nukem Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2012, 07:48 AM)xcyper33 Wrote: [ -> ]Well have you ever been playing SMG on later revs and sometimes it performs NICE! SOMEtimes gets a bit laggy? (50-55fps, sometimes drops to 40s)

Oh yeah, a lot of times. And that's only with Turbo Boost and no OC at all + I use DSP LLE which I assume you do too.
Wait...so you're saying none of what I'm experiencing happens to you when you're OC'd? What CPU do you have? Must be pretty damn powerful...
It would definitely happen even if I overclocked, but I haven't overclocked it yet. Haven't had the need to either for that matter because I'm satisfied with the speeds I got. It's a i7 3770K not that much more powerful then your i5 BTW.
True true. Most people tell me that its recommended that you OC to 4.5 to run every game nearly perfect. I do run pretty much every game nearly perfect but LS/SMG2 gives me a bit trouble.
Pages: 1 2 3