Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Black screen using OGL plugin for MK:DD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Im new to Dolphin and downloaded the latest build of Dolphin and tried my Mario Kart: Double Dash. I followed some recommended settings by a follow forum member and also tried tinkering around with the graphical settings but no matter what I use, the OpenGL plugin will just display a black screen to me. Sound works great and FPS is at 60fps but its a black screen >,>.

Anyway, visuals does appear using the D3D plugin but it has shitty framerate. I've tried disabling sound, IL version and etc. Did enable dual core.

My specs:
AMD Athlon x2 4400+ overclocked to 2.7Ghz
2GB DDR2 RAM
8600GT w/256 vram

Oh, Im using the USA version of MK: DD if it affects the performance.

cmccmc

just out of curiosity is your OS Vista 64bit
No. 32 bit

Edit: Did a search and I think this is an isolated case. Everybody seems to be having fun with their MK: DD) =( I really hope I got a corrupt plugin or what. Pity I dont have other games to try =/.

Just downloaded the previous build and the same thing happened. Except that it crashed when I tried to launch the game in D3D

Edit: New discovery! images are rendered! this is because screenshots are visible Big Grin but it just doesnt show in game