Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Lenovo y580 performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. I am planning on buying a lenovo y580 to do some gaming. I will be connecting it to a 1080p hdtv to play games. Therfore, can this laptop play wii games at 1080p at full speed? The game that I am interested in the most is the Zelda Skyward edition. Here's the link to the specs. http://www.lenovo.com/products/us/tech-s...ries/y580/ Thank you.
The GTX660M should be more than enough to handle 3x IR (which is actually larger than 1080p) so you'll be fine for that. Dunno how much AA you can put on it, but you can always play around to see where slowdown occurs. Your CPU should do pretty well with Skyward Sword if you can keep your laptop cool enough to use turbo boost. If you turbo boost with just 2 cores, you can reach a speed of 3.3 GHz. On an Ivy Bridge CPU, that should give you good overall performance with this game.

If you're curious about how your laptop compares to other systems, have a look the Dolphin Wiki entry for Skyward Sword. Note, I'm not a laptop expert, nor have I personally run this game on Dolphin, but I try to make educated guesses based on what people say around here :p
(12-15-2012, 06:16 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]The GTX660M should be more than enough to handle 3x IR (which is actually larger than 1080p) so you'll be fine for that. Dunno how much AA you can put on it, but you can always play around to see where slowdown occurs. Your CPU should do pretty well with Skyward Sword if you can keep your laptop cool enough to use turbo boost. If you turbo boost with just 2 cores, you can reach a speed of 3.3 GHz. On an Ivy Bridge CPU, that should give you good overall performance with this game.

If you're curious about how your laptop compares to other systems, have a look the Dolphin Wiki entry for Skyward Sword. Note, I'm not a laptop expert, nor have I personally run this game on Dolphin, but I try to make educated guesses based on what people say around here :p
Thank you very much. You've really helped me a lot. Think i'll definitely buy this laptop.