Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my pc fast enough to run Doplphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not really
i3 Ivy Bridge @ 3.0GHz knocks down Core 2 Duo E8XXX @ 4.0GHz
i5 Quad Core IB @ 3.0GHz knocks down Core 2 Quad Q9XXX @ 4.0GHz
An i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz should be fast enough for most games (include the most demanding game)
Thanks for the info "Admin89", but I don't have the money right now to upgrade my entire PC. Sad So basically i'm screwed, right?
E8400 @ 3.6GHz or higher should be fine
I do have it running at 3.6Ghz.
You can try Settings for best speed and use 3x or 4x Internal Resolution , no AA , 16x AF
Right-click the game -> Properties -> Tick "enable Vbeam" (speed boost for some games)
And do this trick
(12-12-2012, 10:57 AM)R1Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info "Admin89", but I don't have the money right now to upgrade my entire PC. Sad So basically i'm screwed, right?
well this may soud bizarre, but ive read that opening and running wmp boosts gameplay from 5 to 15fps
(12-18-2012, 11:16 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]well this may soud bizarre, but ive read that opening and running wmp boosts gameplay from 5 to 15fps

Sounds more like someone, somewhere on the internet was messing around with Dolphin settings, forget they changed something, started WMP, then tried playing Dolphin at the same time. They then attributed WMP for the speed boost. A lot of people admit to randomly changing settings, hoping for a boost in speed, so it's not altogether unlikely that the idea "WMP increases Dolphin speed" is just a mix-up. That's assuming there was a speed up at all, i.e. that person wasn't carefully paying attention to the speed in the first place :p

You won't lose anything by trying it anyway...
(12-18-2012, 03:08 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2012, 11:16 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]well this may soud bizarre, but ive read that opening and running wmp boosts gameplay from 5 to 15fps

Sounds more like someone, somewhere on the internet was messing around with Dolphin settings, forget they changed something, started WMP, then tried playing Dolphin at the same time. They then attributed WMP for the speed boost. A lot of people admit to randomly changing settings, hoping for a boost in speed, so it's not altogether unlikely that the idea "WMP increases Dolphin speed" is just a mix-up. That's assuming there was a speed up at all, i.e. that person wasn't carefully paying attention to the speed in the first place :p

You won't lose anything by trying it anyway...
lol it did sound weird :p
Pages: 1 2