Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: new rev's going slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sorry for another annoying post from me but I'm really annoyed by the fact that the newer rev's are going slower and slower for me and the fact that im using them now is just testing too see whats new but i guess im stuck with buggy rev3390 cuz anything i try above that has really become slow on my rig wonder whats wrong cuz im using the same setting in all my games but they really did become slower even in the current new build's they even became slower and slower especially tales of symphonia 2 wii Dodgy so im wonderin if this will be fixed or am i stuck with what i got the freeze and crash that i get with rev3390
1: commas and periods are your friend

2: heres a tip to free up cpu and memory: start menu > run > msconfig, enter. when the window comes up, go to startup tab and untick everything u dont need, everything but your antivirus program.

3: in dolphin, dual core enabled and other audio disabled in the dsp hle plugin.

4: always use the latest build Tongue
5: Consider Dolphin to have (new) bugs which could slow down emulation.

6: Adding more and more emulation of the hardware usually results in (certain) games running slower.

cmccmc

6b. The more features they add the more code that has to be executed
for the record, the graphics emulation is getting better as the dsp is getting better, at least thats what ive noticed. i believe the fps drops in recent builds were due to the buggy sound emulation. dsp is drastically better in the latest build, and ive noticed fps picking back up and actually getting better than before.
(07-16-2009, 12:40 AM)krypking Wrote: [ -> ]1: commas and periods are your friend

2: heres a tip to free up cpu and memory: start menu > run > msconfig, enter. when the window comes up, go to startup tab and untick everything u dont need, everything but your antivirus program.

3: in dolphin, dual core enabled and other audio disabled in the dsp hle plugin.

4: always use the latest build Tongue
i already know those and as i said im running full speed with rev's lower than 3390 anything above it gives me the same fps but really slow games thats why im wonderin about it though all games i tested run full speed in 30fps only dont any game that runs 60fps
my games are
tales of symphonia 1 gc
tales of symphonia 2 wii
tenchu wii
re zero gc
re rebirth gc
all of them has become slower on the same fps thats what im talkin about
what happened why are they slow as hell on my rig
use old revs. stop posting about this people, it's a known issue. there is a sticky post about this here