Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Okay Guys Finally Managed to Upgrade my Platform
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just Upgraded my platform from my Signature build (Sadly the motherboard died so i decided give my processor to my friend).

Here is my Current Stable OC on my new i5-3570k

http://valid.canardpc.com/2607863

I just want to know if i will need a higher OC to play the most intensive Wii / Gamecube Game.

Also my i got a side question: What Bluetooth adapter would u suggest buying to play with Dolphin for Wii Motes for <$15-20 dollars if possible.
i was looking at the
IOGEAR GBU521W6 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter Multi-Language Version
from newegg [color=#222222]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6875983008

anybody got any opinions on it?.

Thanks for the Input.

Will overclock higher if i need to.!
[/color] Heart
At 4500.78 MHz, you won't need to overclock any higher. If a game won't run fullspeed on that rig, it's probably not possible with current consumer hardware anyway :p

Dunno too much about bluetooth adapters, but it looks like it should do alright. It's a Class 2 device, so it ought to do pretty well for playing at your computer. More knowledgeable people will know about this subject better than I do though.
(12-09-2012, 05:05 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]At 4500.78 MHz, you won't need to overclock any higher. If a game won't run fullspeed on that rig, it's probably not possible with current consumer hardware anyway :p

Dunno too much about bluetooth adapters, but it looks like it should do alright. It's a Class 2 device, so it ought to do pretty well for playing at your computer. More knowledgeable people will know about this subject better than I do though.
Haha alright Glad to know Big Grin also @admin89 i looked at that list before hand and saw the previous gen version of this wireless card the 421 to work. so did the 221.

Ima take a chance with the 521 considering its not on that list yet.

Is that List Freely Editable? i wouldnt mind adding the adaptater if it works.
You have to be careful with the new Bluetooth 4.0 , a certain user in this forum reported his BT dongle (4.0) did not connect wiimote at all
Besides , more than 50% BT dongle don't work with Dolphin . You'll need to be lucky to get the working one
Class 1 BT dongle is recommended for multi-wiimote
Class 2 , 3 , 4 may connect 1 wiimote
Tips : Look at the feedback session (newegg ,amazon ,ebay) , see if someone use it with Wiimote

Quote:Is that List Freely Editable?
You'll need to register an account to do that
It said 'This page is locked' for me. I take it this disappears if I'm logged in.
(12-10-2012, 01:29 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]It said 'This page is locked' for me. I take it this disappears if I'm logged in.

I can edit that list . See :
Ok then. I was just checking.
(12-10-2012, 01:24 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]You have to be careful with the new Bluetooth 4.0 , a certain user in this forum reported his BT dongle (4.0) did not connect wiimote at all
Besides , more than 50% BT dongle don't work with Dolphin . You'll need to be lucky to get the working one
Class 1 BT dongle is recommended for multi-wiimote
Class 2 , 3 , 4 may connect 1 wiimote
Tips : Look at the feedback session (newegg ,amazon ,ebay) , see if someone use it with Wiimote

Quote:Is that List Freely Editable?
You'll need to register an account to do that
alright. How can you tell which class a Adapter is? is it under the stats page of the product?

found one on newegg thats on that list. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...rue&Page=2

for 15bucks that seems good. What does it mean by useing the "Toshiba Stack" on the wiibrew page.
Instead of using the default Microsoft drivers and stack, you install the Toshiba drivers and stack, which can work better.
Pages: 1 2