Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MacOS 10.6 compatibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mathieudel

Hi all,

I was just very frustrated by comments on issues not being very practical to discuss code changes and just found there was a dedicated forum ! So here am I Big Grin .

So, as some of you arleady seen in the issues I've unintentionaly spammed, I just made a patch that let the application both build and work for MacOS 10.6, whatever the build MacOS X host is.

As explained before, the patch essentialy does two things :
- It changes the wxcocoa.h file so that the configuration it gives becomes compatible with MacOS X 10.6. This is needed because it seems this is a file generated by some configure script launched from a 10.7+ host.
- It adds the required option so that automatic embedding of shared library during the fixup process works even when we don't have write permissions to custom build shared library (which should be the general case)

The patch alone is enough for the purpose it targets, but I think there are some other enhancements to be done in main CMakeLists.txt file. For example, most modifications reverted in commit 764cd455b35d look valid to me (need tests to confirm) and were not working because of other issues hidden elsewhere.

Please, tell we what you think !
This patch seems ok to me. Can you provide me with a name and an email to credit you as the patch author in the git commit?

Thanks!

mathieudel

Unless that's important, I would rather not give any eMail address.
For the name, my forum's name is Ok : mathieudel
Hes talking about adding you to the code google page so you can comment changes etc. you don't have to post it here on the forums you can PM it to him or something.
(12-08-2012, 12:22 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hes talking about adding you to the code google page so you can comment changes etc
Delroth wasn't talking about that, he was talking about what he said he was talking about.
Yeah I just when re-read it before your post XD