Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why dolphin is slow on my pc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

cactusmutant

Hello everybody,

Before all, I want to thanks dolphin's developper for their work and to excuse me for my poor english.

I become to install dolphin and try it with some games like "new super mario" or "super mario kart wii", but every games are slow. But, I see my pc should be able to run dolphin without fps down.

I have a intel core i5 760 2.8 GHZ, 4 Go ram and a nvidia gtx 460 1G.

So I'd like why dolphin have slower and If I can make it without slowing down.

Thanks for reading
Quote:I see my pc should be able to run dolphin without fps down.
Depending on the game , your PC is not fast enough for demanding games like TLS , SMG ... and multi-players . i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz is recommended for them
New Super Mario Bros uses "EFB copies to Ram" , it will chop off any CPU except i5 2500k /i5 3570k or better CPU
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-dir...t2d11-fast
You should overclock your CPU to 3.6GHz , you'll get huge speed up
Yeah overclock your CPU to the utmost and it will work very fine Big Grin
But make sure that your CPU is cooled properly (aftermarket CPU cooler, Arctic Cooling MX-4 thermal compound)

cactusmutant

Thanks for your responses.

Yes, I'm going to improve my pc's cooling system and clean fans. I have just looked and my cpu is at 75C without use cpu (0%).

LordVador, I saw you have the same cpu than myself and I 'd like know how much temperature is your cpu ?
That's way too hot. That's about what you should be getting at full load.
I guess he totally forgot about thermal compound
(12-05-2012, 06:46 AM)cactusmutant Wrote: [ -> ]LordVador, I saw you have the same cpu than myself and I 'd like know how much temperature is your cpu ?

You should get 80-85°C max at full use
old i7 @idle 40°C
fullload @4ghz 66°C

nevermind... cant close my case the fucking cooler is way to big

cactusmutant

I cleaned cpu fan and radiator then the temperature down at 50C without load it. I will buy an aerosol, best fan and thermal compound. Before, my cpu was more than 90C in charge Sad.