Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound Tearing - Resetting Sound Ingame? - Xenoblades Chronicles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kajotex

Hi there,

just started to emulate my Wii on pc. Started with Xenoblades.

Well I'm new to this emulator. My main Problem is that the sound tears appart from time to time.

I'm using the DSP HLE Audio Emulator. During battles and normal gameplay it's fine mostly, a crack here and there but i can stand that.

But during longer cutscenes he goes all out. High pitched noises thyt stick in the background, everything crackling while the action happens. It just makes all the stuff unenjoyable.

So I tried switching to DSP LLE Recompiler to see how that works out, I found that clue in a thread on a different board.

Turns out the cutscenes are now really good, just a bit of sound skipping here and there but manageable. But the battles.... hoahmahgoaaad the battles. Its like someone recorded my audio, cropped it to midi, then to ogg, then to mp3 with max compression and then in wav to play it. skipping all over the place and extremly unenjoyable.

Now I found out, with my first choice, if I restart the game I can get the loud background noises that stay out of the way. But the cutscenes still tear up sometimes.

Is there any solution to these problems? I would be willing to have the game slow down and skip a few beats in favor of the audio. Unsmooth audio really ruins the experience for me, especialy those loud noises in the background that appear from time to time.

Thanks in advance Smile
Look around the forum for special HLE patched version of Dolphin for Xenoblade.
With that version you'll have no audio issues.
(12-04-2012, 08:09 AM)kajotex Wrote: [ -> ]So I tried switching to DSP LLE Recompiler to see how that works out, I found that clue in a thread on a different board.

Turns out the cutscenes are now really good, just a bit of sound skipping here and there but manageable. But the battles.... hoahmahgoaaad the battles. Its like someone recorded my audio, cropped it to midi, then to ogg, then to mp3 with max compression and then in wav to play it. skipping all over the place and extremly unenjoyable.

Your CPU isn't powerful enough to use LLE with this game

(12-04-2012, 08:09 AM)kajotex Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any solution to these problems?

Have a look to this thread http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-pat...o-hack-fix
You could try setting a hotkey to toggle between LLE and HLE, or use a hack patched build, or wait a short while until Delroth has implemented enough of the HLE replacement for Xenoblade to run bug free on HLE. The issue you're likely experiencing with LLE is that it won't work properly unless you hit fullspeed all the time, which is unlikely with your processor.

Ninja'd!

kajotex

ALRIGHT! Wonderful, thanks Big Grin

The Link in the Linked thread worked wonderful!

Thanks a big huggy bunch guys Smile
AnyOldName3, you can't toggle between LLE and HLE in-game, it'd just crash.