Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ~questions~II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1.What resolution should i use to have 720dp or something like that?
I have it in 1280x800
My graphic card is NVIDIA Geforce 9300 GS

2.Dolphin supports physX?
I installed it from NVIDIA website and my brawl looks different (more clothes effects)

3. Optimize quantizers should be on or off=?

4. How can I speed up my dolphin emu? i'm talking about computer settings. My re:uc runs 40 fps but i want it better.

Thanks
1. Do you mean 720p? If so, the resolution of 720p is 1280x720.
2. I doubt it.
3. Whatever works best for you. I have it on, but I only have Melee and Brawl dumped (NTSC), so only Melee works. I know Dolphin used to have issues with Wii games when Optimize Quatinizers was on. (That may have changed, or been fixed. Not sure)
4. In the GFX settings, turn off antialias and put anisotropic filter at 1x, and check native resolution. You could also enable dual-core, turn off sound, etc. (Try experimenting with the settings)

Hope that helps some. Please correct me if my info is incorrect, out-dated, etc.

- CHR15x94
Resolution of 720p is 1280*720.

The effect you're noticing is the placebo effect. You think it looks better because you installed it. If you post screenshots or videos, it'll look the same because dolphin doesn't support physX eyecandy.

Optimize quantizers helps in some games by 5 fps, but breaks some games and make them black, have incorrect geometry, or some other graphical issue.

To speed up, turn on dual core, run on the 64 bit build, turn on optimize quantizers, turn off audio, disable efb copy and destination alpha, etc. This will speed up but might bring graphical issues.
(07-15-2009, 09:01 AM)ssbbtriforce Wrote: [ -> ]1.What resolution should i use to have 720dp or something like that?
I have it in 1280x800
My graphic card is NVIDIA Geforce 9300 GS

2.Dolphin supports physX?
I installed it from NVIDIA website and my brawl looks different (more clothes effects)

3. Optimize quantizers should be on or off=?

4. How can I speed up my dolphin emu? i'm talking about computer settings. My re:uc runs 40 fps but i want it better.

Thanks

1. It all depends on the Aspect Ratio of your monitor. For example, my monitor's aspect ratio is 16:10. To get 720p (or 720i as progressive scan is a hit-and-miss endeavor using Dolphin), your resolution needs to be 1280*800.

2. No, Dolphin does not.

3. Depends on the game. Check the Game Thread Index to see whether you need to have it on or off for the specific game you are trying to run.

4. What CHR15x94 and boogerlad said.
Thanks =D but theres a mistake (oops!). I mean 1080dp don't 720.
(07-15-2009, 11:58 PM)ssbbtriforce Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks =D but theres a mistake (oops!). I mean 1080dp don't 720.

Again, depending on your aspect ratio I'd say it'd be either 1920*1080 (16:9), or 1920*1200 (16:10).