Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Sports runs fine but ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I play two-player Wii Tennis, it drops frames by about 15-20 FPS. While playing one player I could run it consistently 60FPS but why would it be different when there are two players. It's just a split-screen.

Specs:
Intel Core i5 460M 2.4 Ghz
4GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GT 420M

I am using the stable Dolphin 3.0 with the settings found in the Performance Guide (wiki) http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...ance_Guide

I just spent a lot getting the Motion + controllers just so I can play Wii Sports but now I might have to return it if I can't even play two-player at a fine speed.

Also, what happened to all the game threads? I mean they used to have pages and pages in each thread but now it's all gone.
Multi-players require more CPU power . The more player you add the more slowdown you'll get
Damn I guess time to resell those Wiimotes and the sensor bar I bought from Black Friday
Think of it as this:

1 player: The CPU/GPU only has to render and process one screen, one player, one set of variables, one input device etc. etc.
2 player: The CPU/GPU has to render and process all mentioned things above, times two.
(12-02-2012, 10:04 AM)23732 Wrote: [ -> ]Think of it as this:

1 player: The CPU/GPU only has to render and process one screen, one player, one set of variables, one input device etc. etc.
2 player: The CPU/GPU has to render and process all mentioned things above, times two.
That is not even close to accurate.

There are two screens, but at half the resolution each, which shouldn't require much more processing.

Input could be handled by an etch-a-sketch. This shouldn't affect speed at all.

If anything, less data is being processed in a 2 player game than single player, since there is no AI running to control the opponent.

OP, you may want to try the latest version.
(12-02-2012, 01:49 PM)gjfklhg Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2012, 10:04 AM)23732 Wrote: [ -> ]Think of it as this:

That is not even close to accurate.

There are two screens, but at half the resolution each, which shouldn't require much more processing.

Input could be handled by an etch-a-sketch. This shouldn't affect speed at all.

If anything, less data is being processed in a 2 player game than single player, since there is no AI running to control the opponent.

OP, you may want to try the latest version.
Really? Well I learned something new today Big Grin Thanks for the clarification Smile
Uh, actually 23732 is much closer to a correct explanation than gjfklhg is.

Can't elaborate on this atm but there is a lot of stuff that needs to be processed twice.
Well sure, but not most of it. It definitely shouldn't be expected to run at less than half the speed.
Uh, but the OP wasn't saying that it runs at less than half speed. Just 15 to 20 FPS less from 60 FPS.
Oh whoops, i thought he said to 15-20 fps.
Pages: 1 2