Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Virtual Console] Castlevania Rondo of Blood - Too fast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone!

OK first off I would like to say that I primarily play Rondo of Blood with a PC-Engine emulator for best experience but playing it on the Virtual Console works too.
My problem though is the game being to fast, like it's fast forwarding or something even tough it shows VPS 60 and FPS 60

My settings are Direct3D9, EFB Copy To RAM, Real XFB, DSP LLE. Version used is 3.0-840

Mega Man 9, 10 and Castlevania Adventure ReBirth works great, although they are WiiWare games and not Virtual Console ones.

I would like to know what I could do to slow it down to play on normal speed. Changing the frame limit to 30 made it slow and awkward.
There gotta be a solution to this.....hopefully
(12-01-2012, 03:37 AM)Duke Nukem Wrote: [ -> ]Changing the frame limit to 30 made it slow and awkward.

Set Framelimit to "Audio" (or use Dolphin 3.0 with "Audio Throttle")
Thanks for the quick answer, but I'm afraid it didn't help. Still to fast.
This is crazy and reminds me of Wind Waker which behaves in a similar way when I use the GameCube BIOS and Real XFB.
Although disabling Real XFB in this case doesn't change anything, still to fast.
Use "VBeam" (in Properties)
(12-01-2012, 03:58 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Use "VBeam" (in Properties)

Nope no dice there, seemed to make the emulation worse by crackling the sound too.
I guess I'll just have to play it as it should, on the PC-Engine.
(12-01-2012, 04:43 AM)Duke Nukem Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I'll just have to play it as it should, on the PC-Engine.

Are you playing with the patch? I know that an english patch was released recently
Nope I haven't patched anything as far as I can tell.
Try Enabling Progressive mode or disabling idle skipping.

But you are probably right about this being the same problem as using the GameCube BIOS with some GC games.
I finally got it to work perfectly.

Render to main window and Progressive scan did the trick.
Now things are peachy.
Just keep in mind, I've seen some games play double speed audio with vbeam + progressive scan
Pages: 1 2