Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Green screen and choppy rendering with PAL games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I used to run my PAL games on dolphin on revisions r2800 and near that. And I did stop with testing for a little while (before r3000). Now we are ~1000 revisions later around r3800 and I started the testing again but I'm facing two problems with my PAL games. I used to run Resident Evil (gamecube) i.e. with or without XFB enabled without a problem. Now, when I enable XFB, I get a green flickering screen like this one (in the attachment is a wii game, but the green on the screen is like that one) in my PAL games. And when I run Resident Evil i.e. without XFB but on PAL60 (by holding X and B buttons on boot), my screen starts blinking very fast, it can be noticed when I go to the options menu. Such thing doesn't happen with r2800~ in example, it doesn't matter if it's PAL50Hz or PAL60Hz. On older revision like that, It runs just fine on both situations.

Other strange behavior it's about the rendering when I'm running a Wii PAL game at 50Hz. It gets realy choppy, unless I change it to PAL60hz (Mario Galaxy for example). One of the devs said that might have something to do with my monitor being set to 60 Hz and the game updating at 50 Hz. But on older revisions, I never had such behavior with my PAL games in dolphin. And besides, as far as I know, 90% of the LCD monitors in the market doesn't accept a refresh rate of 50Hz. And I didn't change anything in my rig, just so you know.

Now, can someone please tell me what part am I missing in this process? 'cos I realy don't know what is happening. Thank you very much.