Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will these new specs max out everything Wii has to offer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We have to wait some years until a GPU can handle this Tongue

Anyway, the CM Hyper 212 should be enough for 4.2GHz.
And then 5xIR might be official ...
Quote:Even the fastest GPU - Nvidia GTX 690 is still struggling with 4xIR , 9x SSAA , 16x AF

You do realise that the GTX 690 is not the fastest for dolphin as its two GPUs are marginally downclocked (in order to make it possible to cool 2 of them) GTX 680s? This means that as Dolphin doesn't support SLI, a GTX 680 is more likely to be able to handle high IR and AA than a GTX 690.
[
Quote:a GTX 680 is more likely to be able to handle high IR and AA than a GTX 690.
Same , GTX 680 isn't strong enough to max out dolphin .
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-twe...end-system
I mentioned this earlier, I was just correcting the order of your hierarchy so you don't go recommending the wrong GPU etc in the future.
Just think about it
If i wrote "GTX 680 can't max out dolphin" or sth like that , newbie would think " Ok , GTX 690 is almost 2 times faster than GTX 680 , i will buy GTX 690"
That's why...
Quote:don't go recommending the wrong GPU etc in the future
I didn't recommend GTX 690 in the first place
I clearly said "Nvidia GTX 690 is still struggling with 4xIR , 9x SSAA , 16x AF"
I see your point, but I'd personally have written 'Not even a GTX 680/690 or an HD 7970/7990 can run all games at this resolution'.

Also, the recommendation was a theoretical one, not an accusation.
Quote:'Not even a GTX 680/690 or an HD 7970/7990 can run all games at this resolution'.
I copied that
It's too long to type , I'm lazy Big Grin
Ctrl-V next time Tongue
4xIR 9xSSAA and 16xAF is *more* than a Wii has to offer.
His setup will handle 4xIR 16xAF just fine, but not the extra SSAA.

It will however manage 4xIR and 2xMSAA in OpenGL fine, unless it's performing worse than my GTX285.
I have finished Xenoblade in 4xIR 2xMSAA 16xAF and with the better bloom_muramasa OpenGL shader with stable 25 FPS (I used EU version, so it is 25 FPS unless you mod it.) Anything over this setting tanks performance for me.

It seems to me that the 4xSSAA is twice as heavy as 4xMSAA, from the limited testing I have tried.
Yep, SSAA is heavier than MSAA.
Pages: 1 2