Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will Dolphin work on my laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mmajunkie7

Hey guys, I was just wondering if the emulator will work on my laptop. It's a Toshiba Satellite L755. The specs are Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit. Intel® Core™ i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4CPUs), ~2.3GHz. Memory: 4096MB RAM. And I have DirectX11. Thanks guys
For games that aren't demanding, it will do alright, but you may quickly find that your system is at its limits soon.

The Intel HD 3000 is acceptable at 1x IR for some games, but it will bottleneck you in other games, and definitely in most (if not all?) games if you start increasing the Internal Resolution and adding Anti-Aliasing. In short, it's not suited for HD gameplay.

The CPU is a bit weak @ 2.3GHz, especially since it lacks turbo boosting, but for games that aren't really demanding (New Super Mario Bros., Time Splitters 2, various WiiWare titles, etc) it should do fine.

What games did you have in mind? We can tell you if you can play them at decent speeds, or whether it's better to just forget about it until your next hardware upgrade.

mmajunkie7

I mainly wanted to play the mario party games, and ideally the Resident Evil series.
The Mario Party games should be playable, but you will have problems with RE games
If you are planing to play F-Zero GX, then Intel HD3000 is really bad, as it cannot even do stable 60 FPS in 1xIR. THe same with Need for Speed The Run.
Quote:The Mario Party games should be playable
Except Mario Party 9
Multi-player also kill performance alot
Quote:i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4CPU)
It's a low-mid range dual core CPU + Hyper Threading ( 2 cores 4 threads)
Dolphin doesn't care about Hyper Threading . According to notebookcheck.net , the performance is about on par with Core i3-390M @ 2.5GHz and therefore most games won't run well
Integrated GPU = no gaming atm