Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory card corrupted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Was just enjoying some old skool Wind Waker but I kept getting some problems with the game freezing after cutscenes at certain points. I managed to bypass most of them by switching to
earlier revisions and copying over my memory card data and it worked just fine. However, after having played with no problem yesterday, after having booted up my comp today every time I start up Wind Waker it tells me that my memory card is corrupt. I have lots of copies of my memory card as backups and every copy I try is apparently corrupted. It also doesn't matter what rev I try (tried so far with 3.0, r1007, r4896, r6225, r7719) because they all tell me the same problem.

At a loss here, REALLY don't want to start all over :/ any clues?
(11-29-2012, 07:26 AM)Aesyr Wrote: [ -> ]It also doesn't matter what rev I try (tried so far with 3.0, r1007, r4896, r6225, r7719) because they all tell me the same problem.

All of this is really old. Try something more recent such as Dolphin 3.0 or latest builds (3.0-8XX)
Tried the latest builds as well. Side note, I really don't like the latest builds since they seem to give me a hell of a lot more issues than older builds.
Recent builds are usually more accurate but not as fast as old builds. Don't know if this is what you meant
You should be getting fullspeed with no bugs in the latest revisions, assuming your settings are sensible. Try using the settings in this thread on the latest revision, and you shouldn't have any problems.
Thanks I'll try that if I run into performance issues.

But my main problem was the corrupted memory card, is there any way of getting back my data?
I'm sure I've seen threads about people decrypting emulated memory cards, moving the savegames out of them, creating a new memory card, and putting the saves back in. I don't know enough of the title of any of these to be able to find them with the search tool, but I think they're there somewhere.