Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Help] Xenoblade chronicles. system specs.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

rjpacheco

Hi everyone. just want to know if Xenoblade Ch will run smoothly on this PC specs. I guess i'll have to find another game if it won't Dodgy

here is my Pc Specs.

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7400 @2.80Ghz
3.00Gb RAM
Nvidia geforce GTX 430 1 GB

Thanks Smile
Next time, please post these questions in the game threads.

Smoothly is subjective and depends on each individual.
If you're asking if you can play the game at 30FPS consistently; then the answer is no.
You should be able to play it fine, but expect drops to occur.

rjpacheco

I apologize for not reading before posting.

checked the game threads but I couldn't find a Xenoblade thread.

even if I reduce the resolution will it not have any change?
The game thread can be found here.

No, when you're emulating games, the CPU is the most important component.

Having a good videocard will allow you to play the game at higher resolutions with AA,AF and other enhancements.
Since your GPU should be able to handle x2 Internal Resolution; dropping the resolution should not improve your performance.

The best thing you can do is purchase a faster CPU, or overclock until you're satisfied.
Garteal Wrote:Having a good videocard will allow you to play the game at higher resolutions with AA,AF and other enhancements.

Fwiw, the requirements for high anisotropic filtering (AF) are ridiculously low. Any computer from the past six years should handle 16x AF, even with Intel IGPs.
Yep, but no GPU is able to handle 9x SSAA, 4x IR and 16x AF. Tongue
Quote: Fwiw, the requirements for high anisotropic filtering (AF) are ridiculously low. Any computer from the past six years should handle 16x AF, even with Intel IGPs.
Yeah, AF practically doesn't dent a GPU ever since 200x. I just wanted to stress out that the GPU takes care, and allows you to play with those enhancements.

Quote: Yep, but no GPU is able to handle 9x SSAA, 4x IR and 16x AF.
The 16x AF is nothing special. Having a GPU render 2560x2112 with 9x SSAA is ridiculous anyway.
The GPU is actually rendering it at 10240x8448 and downscaling it to your resolution.
The Core 2 Duo E7400 is a pretty decent over clocker.
IF you have a decent motherboard and get a $20 cooler like CM Hyper 212 and you should be able to push the CPU into 3.4GHz+,
which will give Xenobalde just enough CPU power to run decently.

Also Intel e8400 cpus are going very cheap second hand, you can probably get one on ebay for less than $30, these do run happily over 4GHz with modest cooling, which will run Xenoblade at full speed.