Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cannot get custom textures working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sure I must be doing something simple wrong. I downloaded the hi-res custom texture pack for Super Mario Sunshine from the Hi-Res forum section, extracted it and placed it in Dolphin-x64\Users\Load\Textures. So the path where my textures are looked like Dolphin-x64\User\Load\Textures\GMSE01 and inside there would be a mixture of texture files and subfolders containing more textures. I then ticked Load Custom Textures on the graphics options, and launched SMS but the textures don't load.

I'm using Dolphin 3.0-815, 64bit, any help would be great thanks!

Note: I also tried having just texture files inside the GMSE01 folder with no other subfolders, but it made no difference.
The only thing I can think of is either that custom textures have been broken for a while and nobody's noticed (50% chance, the devs and the community are a bunch of doofuses sometimes) or that you're trying to do this on the PAL (European) version, in which case you need simply rename the folder to GMSP01.
(11-27-2012, 12:51 PM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing I can think of is either that custom textures have been broken for a while and nobody's noticed (50% chance, the devs and the community are a bunch of doofuses sometimes) or that you're trying to do this on the PAL (European) version, in which case you need simply rename the folder to GMSP01.
It's definitely the USA version I have, as on the game info it shows the game id being the same as that in my textures folder. I don't really know if I can test if they work or not, I'll try some textures for different games later and see if I can get any to work.
Please read the thread you've downloaded it from carefully.
Razius did a great job with the OP and listed all the requirements needed to make the textures work.

He dumped the textures with Texture Cache -> Safe, therefore you also have to set your Texture Cache -> Safe; otherwise it won't load, as Texture Cache -> Fast dumps have a different hash than Texture Cache -> Safe.
(11-27-2012, 09:34 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Please read the thread you've downloaded it from carefully.
Razius did a great job with the OP and listed all the requirements needed to make the textures work.

He dumped the textures with Texture Cache -> Safe, therefore you also have to set your Texture Cache -> Safe; otherwise it won't load, as Texture Cache -> Fast dumps have a different hash than Texture Cache -> Safe.

My apologies, I was in a rush when I downloaded these and didn't get to read all of the post. Thanks for pointing this out, they now work fine.