Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Random Crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(12-04-2012, 06:08 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]XAudio2 may be the problem. Use the DSound audio backend.

Yes, that was the problem! I didn't test it with DSound because the last time I used this audio backend with an older revision it was ultra glitchy and unplayable. But now for some reason it works, at least for Resident Evil Rebirth. I used the latest revision from ax hle branch, maybe that's why it worked. Anyways I played for an hour and a half with no crashes or major issues, and DSound performed almost as good as XAudio2. There were some minor glitches here and there but nothing too serious. I haven't tried any other game yet but I think that the problem is resolved Smile Thank you for your help and support.
PS: Within 1 hour of gameplay there was an instance when game and audio got stuck, but it was only for half a second or so and then everything went on normally. I was really scared that it would crash again but thankfully it didn't.. it was even scarier than Resident Evil itself!
Okay Big Grin

We're glad that you can now enjoy your game ^^
Pages: 1 2 3