Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Whether this laptop will play in mh tri? Asus X73T AMD A6-3420M.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Marwan

Hello!
I have a Asus X73T:
Processor - AMD A6-3420M
Dual Graphic - AMD Radeon 6520G + HD7670M
8GB Ram
I wanted to know whether this laptop can achieves a bout 30 fps in monster hunter tri? And if so, how?
I overclocked the processor software to 2.4 GHz K10stat but unfortunately this did not help.
Please help me because it's my favorite game! I played all the parts on the PSP, and I wish I could also play on the Wii version.
Ps. Sorry for my bad english Wink
2.4GHz CPU is too slow for this game
There is no way you could get full speed unless you modify your laptop cooling and do a suicide OC (3.0GHz)
As admin-kun said, your CPU is way to slow to maintain a stable 30FPS in Monster Hunter Tri.
And it gets even worse the further you get in the game, with multiple bosses and a ton of enemies around.

You can try an older build, which might speed up the game a bit for you.
Check out the old gamethread for information regarding that.
These builds are not supported anymore, and you should not ask for support with them.

Any issues, etc, that you encounter with recent builds should be mentioned in the current gamethread.
Well , my laptop can maintain 30 FPS all the time with latest Dolphin (I might be wrong since i didn't play this game much)
Downclock the i5 to 2.4GHz with Realtemp , i have these results :
_27 FPS - Idle
_20-26 FPS - Walking
It's still playable but ...It does make my head hurt when i move the chara

Marwan

Thats too bad: (
I thought that my computer is good, but I was afraid that it may be due to the dual graphic and change the settings of the emulator is enough. Thank you for your help at least I know that there is no point in wasting more time on this game. Thank you for your help!
Quote:Well , my laptop can maintain 30 FPS all the time with latest Dolphin
I doubt it. Maybe in the town, or empty/low populated areas, but I'm sure you'll drop once you fight against bosses with enemies.
Besides, going down to 2.4GHz doesn't make a valid comparison against his CPU.
They're completely different CPUs with different architectures and whatnot.
I haven't faced any boss yet . I just walk in the town and outside , kill a few dinos to take their meat
I tested the game but i'm not in the mood to play it :/ ( i don't like MH series btw )