Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Merge progress files from revision to revision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I merge savefiles & progress files from one revision to another?

For GC do I only need to copy the memory card file?

And for Wii I only need to copy the sd.raw file?
MemoryCardA.raw (or MemoryCardB) for GC saves and click here for Wii game saves.
But you can't transfer savestates from a build to another one
Also savestates made with HLE won't work with LLE and vice versa!
While I have a thread open, does EFB copies to RAM use more of my GPU (CPU?) than EFB copies to textures?
EFB Copies to RAM is more demanding than EFB Copies to Texture. (and yeah, the performance of EFB Copies to Texture/RAM depends on the power of the CPU and a little bit on the speed of the RAM when EFB Copies to RAM is active)
(11-26-2012, 05:58 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]EFB Copies to RAM is more demanding than EFB Copies to Texture. (and yeah, the performance of EFB Copies to Texture/RAM depends on the power of the CPU and a little bit on the speed of the RAM when EFB Copies to RAM is active)
Thanks for the answer.

When I use EFB Copies to RAM now, my games lag/stutter. Will that change when I get a better GPU? (I use a shitty Intel HD3000 now)
A better GPU will help with things like Internal Resolution and Anti-aliasing. As far as I know, the CPU will affect the performance of EFB Copies -> RAM. You've got an i7-2600K, you should overclock it if you have a decent cooler.