Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games run at 60fps, but have random dips to 55-57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

NeoandGeo

I seem to have enough horsepower to run all of my backups at 60fps, but they have random drops to the 55-57 range. This is immediately noticeable as a small slowdown, and ruins games like Mario Kart/Mario Bros due to it messing up your timing. Are there any settings I need to change? Here is the global settings I have:

i72600k @4.6
GTX680 OC
16GB RAM

Seagate 7200.1 RPM HDD

[Image: untitled-26msdc.jpg]

Thanks for any input!
Disable "Audio Throttle" (use it only if necessary).
You can also try to set Framelimit to "Off"
Checking the "OpenMP Texture Decoder" and Activating "Accurate VBeam Emulation" could help you a bit too.

NeoandGeo

Appreciate the quick replies! The audio throttling unchecked seems to have helped considerably. I will give OpenMP/Vbeam options a try as well. Where is VBeam emulation, I must be overlooking it in the options.
(11-26-2012, 05:29 AM)NeoandGeo Wrote: [ -> ]Where is VBeam emulation, I must be overlooking it in the options.

Right click on your game (in your gamelist). Go into Properties. Check the option

NeoandGeo

Ahh, it already seems to be checked. The OpenMP option also helped. Thanks a lot!
You're welcome Smile
Rolleyes Very Nice Thankx

Greatings Brazilian!
Why on earth do you have scaled efb copies turned off?
(11-27-2012, 05:57 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Why on earth do you have scaled efb copies turned off?
I suppose because it said turning it off would give a speed up :p