Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I have no idea what the quality of my CPU is
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

WraithDrof

I've looked around a lot but I don't have a good indication whether my CPU is an issue or not. I haven't had the issue of a game being completely unplayable for a while, but I'm here with Super Mario Sunshine and its hovering around 78-85% speed with literally minimum settings, including using the experimental settings. And it will dip far below that for considerable amounts of time.

I've got a processor of:
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+ (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Because I can play on medium settings for most of the more recent games, I figured the difference here might be CPU, but I just have no idea whether this is good for Dolphin, or even just computer games in general. I am running 32 bit windows, it might be noted.

Also this is a small general question I had that you can choose to not answer, but for most graphics cards and I think CPUs minimum requirements say 'Greater than 5400' or something, and then recommended requirements will say 'Greater than 460'. How does one actually tell which is better?
Your Graphic card is excellent though Athlon CPU is bad , really bad and outdated
http://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/
(11-23-2012, 05:39 PM)WraithDrof Wrote: [ -> ]I'm here with Super Mario Sunshine and its hovering around 78-85% speed with literally minimum settings

Well 80% speed isn't that bad for your CPU. But SMS isn't really demanding so you can guess you'll get difficulties with more demanding games

WraithDrof

Alright, thanks guys!