Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Perfect laptop for Dolphin, please help me choose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ashlee

Hi guys, I want to buy a laptop that lets me emulate dolphin perfectly (as best as possible) on a laptop. Yes, I do own the original Wii games I want to play on it but not the Wii anymore (sold it). So please don't ban me. Anyway, I am a completely noob about laptops computers and there are SO MANY available to choose from Sad I just know something like I need a 3hgz thing and a good graphics card.

Well, I would like to emulate dolphin in 1080p (or 720p) and if possible, connect the laptop to my HDTV as well so I can play on it (I have a wired PC controller, so playing on the TV from the laptop would be awesome!). I would like to run the games full speed (or as better and beautiful as possible). Since the holidays are coming, I want to spend kind of a high amount of money in it because of the holidays (this would be like my christmas gift) Sleepy So my budget is about $600... I think?... if it requires a higher amount to emulate dolphin perfectly please let me know I really have no idea how much it would cost Huh

So, Could you help me decide which laptop could emulate dolphin without issues? If possible let me choose a laptop from Amazon since I have Prime and I love buying there. I will give a $5 Amazon gift card to the person who helps me the best Big Grin (I hope that's fine for helping a noob).
I will give the gift card after Monday just in case you want to help me during the Cybermonday event by telling me like, "Hey! Grab this one before the deal ends! it's awesome for gaming and dolphin!" Thanks in advance Big Grin

Heart

Edit: It is fine if it is a laptop with Windows 7.
Edit2: Oh ok thanks for letting me know, I did not know that ;/ I don't have space for a desktop in my room so it is not an option sadly. Thanks for the help anyway Smile

Please delete this thread, thank you.
If you want to play games in Dolphin @ fullspeed, you should buy a desktop (or HTPC) with Core i5-3570k.
Quote:So my budget is about $600...
>1000$ for gaming laptop
There is no laptop that can run dolphin full speed for 600 dollars. But if you hurry then this will be probably the best or one of the best for that price range. I have a hd6670 which is basically the same gpu in that laptop and I can vouch that it will get 3xIR and although the needs to be a little bit faster it's good enough for alot of games with no lle enabled. I went searching and I couldn't find a laptop with an i5 or i7 clocked at 4.4. It's not hard finding a laptop with a decent gpu, but dolphin needs a beast processor to run and thats something not a lot of laptops have. The fastest I've found was a quad i7 at 2.9ghz. It could run alot of games in dolphin but it's still not perfect. I suggest that laptop for decent gamecube performance or instead use that money and build a desktop. $600 dollars could get you a rig that could run any wii game in dolphin with a few price cuts here and there. That is, unless you absolutely need a laptop.
The key is to save money, don't buy the first best thing that sounds great. Wait, save some more money, look around and then make the move. I can almost guarantee that you're not gonna be pleased with something for 600$
Just play it cool son and the laptop will come to you in given time.