Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skyward Sword save file import problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, it's been a while since I used Dolphin but I'm having a few issues trying to import a save file for Skyward Sword.

I've tried copying my save from my Wii console, I've tried downloading saves - both North American and European - and nothing is working.

I download the file, rename it to data.bin, drop it in the Dolphin/Saves/SOUP folder, then use the Dolphin Wii Save Import tool and it says "Save file successfully imported, but when I go to run the game it just comes up with the three "New Adventure" slots. Am I doing something wrong? This is driving me nuts! I THINK I was using 3.0-246. but just updated now to 3.0-843 and having the same problems.

Any help would be great!
Did u try other save files from another page?
Yep, tried three websites in total.
Bump, any suggestions guys?!
You rename it? What's it originally called? It's not a different format is it?

I've imported a few saves and always just put it in the main folder and then used the import function from the emulator, didn't rename or anything.
(11-25-2012, 02:27 AM)n-fani Wrote: [ -> ]You rename it? What's it originally called? It's not a different format is it?

I've imported a few saves and always just put it in the main folder and then used the import function from the emulator, didn't rename or anything.
It's originally called 'zelda_skyward_sword_eu.bin'. I just tried importing without renaming and got the same problem. What do you mean by the 'main folder'? Dolphin/Saves?