Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: i overclocked cpu now running at 60 degrees celcuis BAD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i overclocked cpu now running at 60 degrees celcuis is that BAD chould i volt down more cause fuck my pc seams pretty good but my tems keep getting higher at points upto 65
Maybe a better a place to ask this question would be at overclock.net or something. But anyways, it all depends on what your thermal specification is for YOUR processor. My processor's is 72.4 degrees. Yours could be different and I can't be sure since you neglected to list your PC specs. Check your max suggested temp here: http://processorfinder.intel.com/

Generally speaking though, your temps shouldn't go much higher than 65 when stress-testing.
get an aftermarket cooler. Now, with my mugen 2, load is 46c. Don't overclock if you don't know what you're doing. We're not responsible for any thing you do wrong. Stop posting new threads everywhere.
(07-14-2009, 12:17 PM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]get an aftermarket cooler. Now, with my mugen 2, load is 46c. Don't overclock if you don't know what you're doing. We're not responsible for any thing you do wrong. Stop posting new threads everywhere.

Hey, which CPU do you have and is it OC'd? I have my E8500 at stock (my mobo's auto-volts put the vCore at under 1.2v) and while stress-testing using OCCT, my temp is 50. I have a Freezer 7 Pro with OCZ Freeze as thermal paste. I, for the life of me, don't think could ever seat that thing properly. I just wanted to compare temps.
how do u now what a good heatsink is i despreate and scared Blush
(07-14-2009, 12:33 PM)DragonSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]how do u now what a good heatsink is i despreate and scared Blush

You're beyond help.

Look, your options are to either downclock, get a better cooler or re-seat your cooler. That's all the help I can give. Now stop posting about it.
I have an e1200. Stock frequency is 1.6ghz. It's now at 2.8. Anymore, and it requires excessive vcore, vtt and vnb. I didn't find a better northbridge cooler, so more vnb=fail. Never rely on software to measure voltage. Just stick with what you choose, because it's usually pretty close. If you want precise readings, you'll have to resort to a multimeter to measure. You really can't compare temperatures because each cpu's dts sensor is very different. Thanks to intel for not telling us or giving out specs, tjmax is unknown and makes comparing even harder. The pushpins suck eh? http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=480434
most coolers from scythe, coolermaster, thermalright are good.
Yeah, I honestly don't know why Intel doesn't tell us the TJmax. Just to make our lives miserable I suppose.
(07-14-2009, 12:37 PM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]I have an e1200. Stock frequency is 1.6ghz. It's now at 2.8. Anymore, and it requires excessive vcore, vtt and vnb. I didn't find a better northbridge cooler, so more vnb=fail. Never rely on software to measure voltage. Just stick with what you choose, because it's usually pretty close. If you want precise readings, you'll have to resort to a multimeter to measure. You really can't compare temperatures because each cpu's dts sensor is very different. Thanks to intel for not telling us or giving out specs, tjmax is unknown and makes comparing even harder. The pushpins suck eh? http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=480434
most coolers from scythe, coolermaster, thermalright are good.

thermal paste seams like a good idea
mx-2. If you can bear a slightly more risky process, you could use the liquid metal tim. It's conductive, so don't put it everywhere. Sanding the cpu gives nice gains too.
Pages: 1 2