Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any Steam users here? (Running a Dolphin .exe with Steam)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wondering if there's any users here who play Dolphin games using Steam (with overlay etc). Asking this because I created a simple .exe to run Wind Waker, and it works fine if I just run the .exe. However if I add the .exe to my Steam library and launch it there, the Dolphin window and the emulation window both open, but then freeze and crash, with no real error message. Any help would be great Smile
You might want to have a look at this thread regarding how the OP set up Dolphin to work with Steam. It might work better than making your own program to launch Dolphin through Steam.
Thanks for the reply, didn't really help though as his way does exactly the same as mine, the problem just lies with my Dolphin crashing if it's ran through Steam.
Dunno too much about Steam (and I won't know until the beta gets done for Linux) but maybe this page would be of some use. Seems like some people have gotten it to work.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Dolphin_Wii
Thanks again, I checked that page out, it's strange. There are all these different ways of opening Dolphin through Steam, however no matter how I get it open, if I'm using Steam as a frontend it just causes Dolphin to crash- I've tried googling the problem endlessly and havn't found anybody with a similar problem, so it is kind of annoying Tongue I've tried re-installing Steam as well as different versionf of Dolphin, to no avail.