Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour crashes randomly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(11-23-2012, 02:11 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using Direct3D9 for the graphics backend yet?
I'll give it a try later on.

(11-23-2012, 02:29 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Tried with older builds? Tried with Dolphin 3.0?
No, only tried with Dolphin 3.0-842, I don't plan to run anything older either though, as I'm not looking for any workarounds.
(11-23-2012, 02:42 AM)Haliinen Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-23-2012, 02:29 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Tried with older builds? Tried with Dolphin 3.0?
No, only tried with Dolphin 3.0-842, I don't plan to run anything older either though, as I'm not looking for any workarounds.

Just try Dolphin 3.0 (stable release)
(11-23-2012, 03:18 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-23-2012, 02:42 AM)Haliinen Wrote: [ -> ]

Just try Dolphin 3.0 (stable release)

Yeah, no crash at all, the graphics are the same (as in, same glitches appears). It has skipping audio with DSP HLE (audio with HLE was fine on 3.0-842) but yields no issues with DSP LLE and it's really smooth. I wonder what build introduced this bug after 3.0. Per-pixel lightning was also enabled. Seems good.
Regression testing would be greatly appreciated :>
(11-23-2012, 04:38 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Regression testing would be greatly appreciated :>

Will see what I can do, I tried with the DX9 backend now and it seems to run fine as well on 3.0-842 with DSP LLE.

EDIT: Never mind, I got another failed to compile pixel shader crash report using DX9 backend. I don't know what to believe anymore, lol.
Well start testing some older revisions then :3
Fwiw, you likely just need to test all revisions which touched PixelShaderGen.cpp, i.e. http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...5386ff83b1

Don't forget clearing the contents of the user/ShaderCache folder each time you switch builds.
(11-23-2012, 12:44 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Well start testing some older revisions then :3
Hah, I tested one of your x64 builds (3.0-374), I could play through a cup without any issues, though I experienced this build to be a bit slower than the newer ones, the game was running smooth mostly but there were a few spots here and there that couldn't push 60 fps, not too often thankfully. Sadly, Dolphin crashed when the cup was over, when you were handed over the trophy and it was about to take you to the menus again (could just be a random thing, it was just Dolphin has stopped working crash). I'll do more tests to ensure that this build is safe from any GPU related crashes, like the failed to compile pixelshader.
Pages: 1 2