Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Wont load Disc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, When I try loading my disc from boot from DVD drive. It wont load, it says it's incompatible with it?

The Game I am trying to run is 007: NightFire Pal.

My DVD Drive is: LG 8164B, but if you want more info then that, I'll be glad to supply you with a pic of my full drive details.

I would love some help with understanding, why it wont work. Thanks.

Regards,
Tezuka.
Silly human, dolphin can't load original discs, you have to make a copy of it on another disc if you want to run it from a disc
Okay, no need to be rude, I was just making sure, and yes I already have a copy of my disc on my HDD Big Grin. I must say, you guys should implement it so you can run GC discs Smile.
This can't be implemented. Original discs uses specific file structure unreadable to normal drives. In fact, you can only dump the discs because some drives (like the LG 8164B) allow raw reading of disc sectors (this is why dumping a single disc can take about 2 hours or more). If you want to use this feature you'll need to burn the ISO in a disc first, so, the burned copy will have the encrypted GC data but using the standard disc structure of normal DVDs, allowing normal reading and decrypting in Dolphin through this feature...
Thanks Jhonn for helping me understand it a little bit Smile.
(11-21-2012, 09:37 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]This can't be implemented.Original discs uses specific file structure unreadable to normal drives. In fact, you can only dump the discs because some drives (like the LG 8164B) allow raw reading of disc sectors (this is why dumping a sinlge disc can take about 2 hours or more). If you want to use this feature you'll need to burn the ISO in a disc first, so, the burned copy will have the encrypted GC data but using the standard disc structure of normal DVDs, allowing normal reading and decrypting in Dolphin through this feature...