Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] RoadKill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wiki Page - RoadKill - [edit]

I can't seem to get the game to load
I see the '' Licensed by Nintendo '' at start then fps goes down to 1.46 or something and nothing happens. no sounds no intro nothing. I kept pressing start and waiting and waiting but it just hangs I think ( because in other games when I get a blank screen/rendering problem at least I can hear the sounds navigate menus, know that game is working), I also remember the game taking too long to create md5checksum hash or whatever that is called

I don't use any graphic enhancements / 2x 3x Ires or anything else other than default settings
Things I have tried opengl/direct3d
I enabled/disabled dual core(speedup)
Tried compile shaders before starting on/off
Synchronous/Async (SkipDrawing)

latest windows 10 pro / latest dolphin latest drivers other specs in profile

Edit: nvm you can delete this thread vulkan works and fps is stable ( if anyone else has a similar problem ) never had to switch to vulkan for anything
is it any good for other games or worse than the others ?
Something for you to check real quick please. Right-click on the game in Dolphin's list, go to Properties and then the Info tab, and compute the MD5 sum. Does it match the MD5 here: https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/GOCE5D

My brother plays this game, so I went over to see if I could figure out how he got it to work. Turns out, under Graphics > Hacks you need to have Skip EFB Access from CPU checked for the game to boot properly.

When enabled, the Licensed from Nintendo screen has a grey background on all back-ends (even software) and runs at 30 FPS 60 VPS.
When unchecked, OpenGL and D3D won't boot, and when Vulkan does boot, it has a black background and is running at low frames (about 11 FPS 25 VPS). Software back-end still shows the grey background. I enabled logs, and under Vulkan I see this message: FramebufferManager.cpp:1034 W[Video]: Kicking command buffer due to no EFB poke space. So maybe this is a bug? Idk, I can look more into it if a developer cares enough
(05-21-2018, 08:14 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Something for you to check real quick please. Right-click on the game in Dolphin's list, go to Properties and then the Info tab, and compute the MD5 sum. Does it match the MD5 here: https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/GOCE5D

My brother plays this game, so I went over to see if I could figure out how he got it to work. Turns out, under Graphics > Hacks you need to have Skip EFB Access from CPU checked for the game to boot properly.

When enabled, the Licensed from Nintendo screen has a grey background on all back-ends (even software) and runs at 30 FPS 60 VPS.
When unchecked, OpenGL and D3D won't boot, and when Vulkan does boot, it has a black background and is running at low frames (about 11 FPS 25 VPS). Software back-end still shows the grey background. I enabled logs, and under Vulkan I see this message: FramebufferManager.cpp:1034 W[Video]: Kicking command buffer due to no EFB poke space. So maybe this is a bug? Idk, I can look more into it if a developer cares enough

Yes it is the same game/hash value
I tried your method and Nintendo does have a grey background and game does work at a stable 30-60 with opengl,
However with d3d (skip efb checked)I see no grey nintendo just blank grey screen, game does boot,  I hear menu music , I see no menus, I can See the into and storyline movies,loading screen is pitch black(other than the bar moving) and when the game starts and you press start to pause again menus are missing, bullet tracers are invisible and probably other graphical glitches aswell ( that i can't really tell )
When unchecked  on my shit comp Vulkan does boot and game is  30-60 and stable and I can't seem to notice any game breaking glitches. I have an old amd card and latest amd beta drivers
( also game has a pretty decent in game radio, it's been playing april wine in the background )
edit2: I turned on the logs too and although they look like martians speaking Chinese to me, I think I don't get error messages like yours ( toggled all of them on ).I have no idea what constitutes a bug though but they seemed normal...
(05-21-2018, 08:44 AM)iNeedAnswers Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it is the same game/hash value
I tried your method and Nintendo does have a grey background and game does work at a stable 30-60 with opengl,
However with d3d (skip efb checked)I see no grey nintendo just blank grey screen, game does boot,  I hear menu music , I see no menus, I can See the into and storyline movies,loading screen is pitch black(other than the bar moving) and when the game starts and you press start to pause again menus are missing, bullet tracers are invisible and probably other graphical glitches aswell ( that i can't really tell )
When unchecked  on my shit comp Vulkan does boot and game is  30-60 and stable and I can't seem to notice any game breaking glitches. I have an old amd card and latest amd beta drivers
( also game has a pretty decent in game radio, it's been playing april wine in the background )
edit2: I turned on the logs too and although they look like martians speaking Chinese to me, I think I don't get error messages like yours ( toggled all of them on ).I have no idea what constitutes a bug though but they seemed normal...

Did any of this help ? I was planning on editing my post but I am unable to do so after a day it seems
If you can get it to work then I guess it's all good? I just did some digging in case any developer that knows this part of the code wanted to look into it later down the line.
I'd say just stick with Vulkan or OpenGL, and come back if you run into further issues?