Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to fix the Windwaker heat glitch ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

navnav

Hi everyone i wanna play Windwaker but i get heat bugs. I found a solution but only for the US-Version. :

Setting Action Replay code 003F6B2A 00000000 switches off the fullscreen heat effect in the Dragon Roost areas.

Now my Question is is there a AR Code like this for the Europe Version ?

Thanks for the Answers.

(Source for Bugfix: http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Windwaker )
[The Freelook "Fix" is not an Option, because the Camera is not really enjoyable Wink ]
Did you try to google it?

navnav

(11-21-2012, 04:07 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try to google it?
Of course but the solutions are all for the US Version of the Game. And/Or are all one of the 3 Mentioned in the Source.
It might be easier to use the last solution offered by the wiki:

Quote:Checking EFB Copies - Disable before running the game will disable the heat effect entirely, and prevent the problem from occuring. Remember to disable it before running the game, otherwise the visuals will become stuck. Disabling EFB Copies also disables several other effects used throughout the game, so it is not recommended.

It should have the same effect as the AR Code, but it'll also disable some other graphical effects. It's a quick work-around that won't have you looking for a code that might not exist. Also about the Free Look, you're not supposed to zoom in too much, just enough to where the heat effect disappears. Haven't tried this myself, but I imagine you should be able to find a good middle-ground if you play with it.