Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Strange problem in Zelda Twilight Princess.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
System Specs

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 [Display adapter]

2.67 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad Q9400

64 kilobyte primary memory cache

3072 kilobyte secondary memory cache

64-bit ready

Multi-core (4 total)

4096 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

So this issue is weird I'll try to explain it the best I can. I've been trying to play Zelda TP for over a week now but I was experiencing bad performance so I just kind of called it quits. This morning I decided to try again out of pure boredom. When I launched the game, on the title screen, I was getting 100% emulation speed and 29-30fps, very fast, I noticed that the game was actually running pretty fast, which is strange because it wasn't before. I start playing for about 1-2 hours everythings going smooth, I then reach to the part where the kids ran off after the monkeys and you have to find a key for the cave. At this point I decided to change certain settings in Dolphin because I wanted the minimap to work, ( I was using texture, not ram. I change to ram and the game crashed, restarted the game and the game is acting how it did last week.. I cannot get over 15 fps. I even restarted dolphin, didn't fix it, Then I figured the problem was something in memory so I restarted the computer.. still no fix, can't get over 15 fps, It's like the game is locked at 15 fps all of a sudden when It was playing fine all morning. Not really sure what to do. At this point I want to thank everyone who was involved in this project, it's a great project, but I think I might be better off buying a used wii. Been having a really hard time with Dolphin since I discovered it last month.. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Dolphin settings:

d39
fullscreen rez 640x480 nothing else checked on general tab

enhancement tab:
IR 2x
AA: none
AF 1x

scaled efb copies is the only option checked

hacks tab:

Ignore format changes checked
efb copies set to texture
external frame buffer checked

nothing else checked on this page

nothing checked on advanced tab.
You didnt say anything about changing it from Ram back to texture, did you?
I changed it back to texture, ram is too slow. or causing this weird 15 fps glitch, not sure, I also provided my current settings in the second post.

I am using dolphin 3.0 803.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1HOE4YuwzY <<< exactly how zelda ran on my pc this morning, after changing to ram and going back to texture restarting etc, the game is unplayable ; (. Please don't say I need to overclock o.o

Just downloaded 3.0 842, game is working good again, guessing something is just wacky in the other version after making that change. I won't be making any changes whatsoever, there's definitely a glitch, no minimap for me ; ). Now to figure out how to transfer saves
Your CPU is a bit weak for Zelda TP anyway. 20-25 is what you could expect rather than full speed.

You could try with Dolphin 3.0 and see what's going on
I figured out the issue, I get 30 fps constant in this game. I see a trend with a lot of the support here, your cpu is too weak, go overclock, that is not always the answer. Umm.. your cpu is weak go buy a new one or overclock at your own risk, lol, cmon guys seriously. Anyway, please close this thread issue resolved.
You can't get constant full speed with that CPU. Just get forward into the game and you'll get aware of that
Yes but my issue wasn't about constant speed or how fast my cpu was, lol. The game is highly playable with my setup. Your response had absolutely nothing to do with my problem.
It did have. The low fps you got was due to the incapacity of your CPU to get more with EFB to RAM
My guess is the .ini derped

Just because you have EFb set to texture doesn't mean it is, the .ini has it set to RAM I belive so it was overriding what you set it to, some how when you set it the one time it wasn't overridden XD