Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't Download Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are emuwiki going to collect every revision of Dolphin? Or just bi-weekly builds? Kinda crazy project... I heard some earlier revision like 1600 something is pretty fast for some games, if you got that one, great
(04-01-2009, 12:32 AM)EmuWikiAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]We already have 3 Tb transfer / month buyed
EmuWikiAdmin
EmuWiki.com
thx for the offer but, i love my current site, and im staying there (altho its not my choice if they want to post my builds on the main site).
but nevada told me we use more then that lol ;D

EmuWikiAdmin

(04-01-2009, 04:32 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Are emuwiki going to collect every revision of Dolphin? Or just bi-weekly builds? Kinda crazy project... I heard some earlier revision like 1600 something is pretty fast for some games, if you got that one, great

It is a crazy project. And the fact that the older revisions work faster / slower is a detail that we don't care about in our work. We're all about preserving the emulation culture with no particular presumption on whether the files kept are useful or not in a practical point of view.

I'm primarily interested in builds that have been published on the Internet. Of course it would not make sense to build revisions just for EmuWiki.com - the goal being to preserve files that were published on the Internet. However we will go as deep as people are interested to go; I wouldn't remove files put by users if these users consider they are important to preserve. This is just preservation, and we do it as much as we can. This is an example of what we want to reach for every emulator :

http://www.emuwiki.com/index.php?title=H...Final_Burn

Daco : No problem, keep the offer in mind and if you want to share the burden eventually, you'll always be welcome. And for the 3 Tb / month, it's not a limit. We can have more, but I was just saying that we actually already have that bandwith bought for the next year and we're not using it at all so it's not a problem for us to give it.

EmuWikiAdmin
(04-01-2009, 05:55 AM)EmuWikiAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2009, 04:32 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Are emuwiki going to collect every revision of Dolphin? Or just bi-weekly builds? Kinda crazy project... I heard some earlier revision like 1600 something is pretty fast for some games, if you got that one, great

It is a crazy project. And the fact that the older revisions work faster / slower is a detail that we don't care about in our work. We're all about preserving the emulation culture with no particular presumption on whether the files kept are useful or not in a practical point of view.

I'm primarily interested in builds that have been published on the Internet. Of course it would not make sense to build revisions just for EmuWiki.com - the goal being to preserve files that were published on the Internet. However we will go as deep as people are interested to go; I wouldn't remove files put by users if these users consider they are important to preserve. This is just preservation, and we do it as much as we can. This is an example of what we want to reach for every emulator :

http://www.emuwiki.com/index.php?title=H...Final_Burn

Daco : No problem, keep the offer in mind and if you want to share the burden eventually, you'll always be welcome. And for the 3 Tb / month, it's not a limit. We can have more, but I was just saying that we actually already have that bandwith bought for the next year and we're not using it at all so it's not a problem for us to give it.

EmuWikiAdmin
We have the downloads spread over two hosts, and both hosts are reaching 5tb/month transfer easilly, in cases where a particular release is mentioned on a gaming site and then spread over other gaming sites that can easilly increase, when ps3news linked to the downloads...
we hit 4tb on just one server in a single day.., that said, combining the downloads you would need a minimum of 8tb/month to cope (and while most hosting companies claim 'unlimited bandwidth/transfer', if you start hitting those sort of figures regularilly, they will soon smack you with fair usage policys).

EmuWikiAdmin

Alright these are pretty high numbers. If you're looking for a 3rd reliable host to spread even more, to reduce the charge on your other hosts, my offer still remains and do not hesitate to contact me if you're interested in dumping a part of the burden. I can easily maintain 3 tb / month and if told a month ahead could also go much higher. I do not think I will have that kind of problem with my hosting company. admin@emuwiki.com
Pages: 1 2