Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Pac-Man World 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wiki Page - Pac-Man World 2 - [edit]

I would like some help with an issue that I am having with Pacman World 2. There is a buzzing noise that plays during the opening cutscene that starts around the point Pinky is looking at Pacman through his window and is picking flower petals. It gets worse as the cutscene progresses to the point that audio becomes extremely garbled and then cuts out abruptly when Pinky begins juggling some of the Golden Fruit. I am unsure whether it is a problem with Dolphin's sound code or if it is just my computer's sound card or something. I have tested this with HLE, LLE Recompiler, and the LLE Interpreter (using D-Sound, XAudio2, and Open-AL) and all of them have the issue. I am just checking here to see if it is Dolphin's fault before I open an issue ticket.

Oh, and I am always at 60 FPS, 60 VPS during the cutscene. I will upload an audio dump soon.
I dumped the audio from HLE, LLE Recomp, and LLE Interp with XAudio. You can download the zip file with the dumps with this link :http://www.mediafire.com/download/9k2p2zsl1u1fsd0/Audio.7z

Hope this helps.
Confirmed, please make an issue report: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/list

I checked on console as well; confirmed it does not happen there (never know with some companies.)

Make an issue report and I will mark it as accepted.
Thanks for confirming. I'll make one soon.
I am unable to get Pac-Man World 2 to load with the latest version (5.0-11205). Getting 0 FPS and 120 VPS upon initial load and it hangs there indefinitely. Game works with Dolphin 4.0 and loads very quickly. Tried duplicating the settings from the 4.0 version to the current version and still unable to load the game.
Does 5.0 work? What about builds in between?
Just tested on 5.0 and it works. Will test some builds between to try and narrow it down.

Edit: I downloaded the latest build again and the game works. I must have messed up something with my other install.

Game works as expected. Sorry to waste your time.
The widescreen code makes my gamecube freeze up when I try to save. Is there a fix for this code?