Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii Channel] Wii Shop Channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wiki Page - Wii Shop Channel - [edit]

I have got through the error 206672
All i did was download IOS 61 with NUS and install it like it was a channel. And got Error 204905 instead.
I will try later installing more IOS and i will tell how did it result.

I had a similar problem with my wii, i wanted to update Wii shop channel without updating the wii, it installed but didn't launch. I investigated and installed some other IOSes and the problem got solved. The problem is that i don't remember which ones did i install. :/
(03-05-2017, 10:41 PM)EblfIYH Wrote: [ -> ]I have got through the error 206672
All i did was download IOS 61 with NUS and install it like it was a channel. And got Error 204905 instead.
I will try later installing more IOS and i will tell how did it result.

I had a similar problem with my wii, i wanted to update Wii shop channel without updating the wii, it installed but didn't launch. I investigated and installed some other IOSes and the problem got solved. The problem is that i don't remember which ones did i install. :/

Well, i tried to install ios 13, 60, 62 and followed the Wii Network Guide, now got Error 204701.
There's no way to make this channel work in Dolphin currently.

crono141

(03-06-2017, 02:44 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]There's no way to make this channel work in Dolphin currently.

Now that the Wii shop channel works in the latest version of dolphin, is there any way to get around the error 204905. I have ripped my real NAND from a modded Wii. This Wii also went through the system transfer to WiiU, and I wonder if this has something to do with this error message. Any advise?
Have you put your unique keys.bin under Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Wii\?
Hi, I just joined this forum so I don't know for sure if this is the right place, but I've been having problems downloading WiiWare from the Wii Shop Channel.

I've purchased WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase, and for some reason when I try to download it, it says the transaction failed with the error code 204058. The problem isn't exclusive to this title, because the WiiWare demos give the same error when trying to download.

I've read that formatting the Wii System Memory can fix it, but that didn't work for me.
Also, I tried downloading it on my real Wii which I dumped the NAND from, and it works with no problem, so it's not on Nintendo's side.

Downloading Wii Channels works with no problem. I haven't tried Virtual Console yet.

I've tried using a later build of dolphin, but it has the same result.

Hopefully someone can help me out with this.

Here are my specs:
CPU - Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
RAM - 16GB
Dolphin Version 5.0-2874
I have you tried using the newest version?
(05-31-2017, 04:00 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I have you tried using the newest version?

Yep, unfortunately it gives me the same error.
Never mind, I ended up fixing it.

The problem was that the Wii I dumped the NAND from was given to me as a gift from a friend in the USA several years back, but I live in Canada and had the Country setting set to Canada. I changed it to USA, and now I can download the WiiWare I purchased.
Pages: 1 2