Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skies of Arcadia + Current Hardware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, sincere apologies once again for my very slow responses. I am studying for exams at the moment and everything seems to get forgotten about in between times :/ I do really appreciate everyone's help with this though, and have finally gotten round to taking a few screenshots in the hope of being able to figure out the best settings to use. I am using the settings as in the screenshot above (available here: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/attachment.php?aid=8509 ).

The FPS definitely dropped around this area presumably due to the visual of the save anchor, but no drop in emulation speed is reported in the title of the window:
[attachment=8574]

During this cut scene, sound becomes very choppy and the FPS drops to half while emulation speed is reported to be around 50%. Based on comments, the FPS is perhaps meant to drop but the audio plays at what sounds like half speed as well
[attachment=8575]

If I disable accurate vbeam I see frame rates drop even during the opening sequence:
[attachment=8576]

I could always overclock my processor a bit further but there seems to be relatively good stability at 4.2Ghz and at a reasonable temperature (79C). I wonder if it is more down to settings than CPU speed that drop in frame rates are experienced.
[attachment=8577]
If you're still using LLE and Accurate VBeam emulation, forget about it; HLE has been worked on extensively by delroth, specifically for games that use the AX ucode. Sound for me is near perfect in master branch as of 3.0-809, and it'll sound even better for you if you check out the New AX HLE branch builds. They're available for download on the main site. It should let you get fullspeed in places where you couldn't before.
(12-11-2012, 12:26 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]If you're still using LLE and Accurate VBeam emulation, forget about it; HLE has been worked on extensively by delroth, specifically for games that use the AX ucode. Sound for me is near perfect in master branch as of 3.0-809, and it'll sound even better for you if you check out the New AX HLE branch builds. They're available for download on the main site. It should let you get fullspeed in places where you couldn't before.
Thanks for the recommendations, which have had excellent results! I have downloaded the most recent AX HLE build you mentioned which has reduced fps drops in many areas:
[attachment=8578]

Cut scenes are still a bit off in terms of sound/performance but I think this is a totally separate issue:

[attachment=8579]

By and large though, the build you recommended is much snappier and plays far better. In other builds with LLE, some sound clips were not being played at all. The AX build with HLE seems to resolve a lot of these audio problems and the fps is pretty constant. I experienced no noticeable slowdowns (excluding the aforementioned) and speed stayed constantly at 99-100%. Overall, a fantastic result and returns my hope of being able to play through this excellent game once again ^_^
Some other results for anyone else experiencing similar issues. I found that by switching to OpenGL for rendering the frame rate did not drop during cutscenes and there were only some minor audio issues. Direct3D11 largely resulted in everything showing up black with no textures (weird, see attachment), and Direct3D9 had huge frame rate drops during cut scenes. The short version is AX HLE builds combined with OpenGL for rendering are the best way to make this game playable.
Hmm... I always use OpenGL, since that's the only accelerated video backend on my OS :p Some games will run better depending on which one you use. Glad to see you've gotten everything in order. This is a great game; hope you enjoy playing it in Dolphin. I'm already like 13 hours into SoA myself.
Pages: 1 2