Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin on Windows 8, no worky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

I have been using Dolphin on Windows 7 for a while. Today I decided to use Windows 8x64 Pro. I get this error:

Quote:The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application

Before you grab the pitchforks and torches, I'm aware of how common this is, and how to fix it. The problem is when I re-install the same version of vcredist x64, that used to previously fix the issue, nothing happens. I get the same error. It doesn't fix it.

I've tried a tonne of different versions, and I'm hoping there's another that will get it working. It's pretty annoying.

Thanks for any help.
Enable Net Framewok 3.5 (Windows 8 will download and install it automatically)
Make sure you have Directx June 2010 and Visual C++ 2010 installed correctly
Downloaded and installed both of those... made sure Net Framework was enabled (it was)

Same error Sad
That's weird . Did you check this thread
I have windows 8 CP x64 on 2 PC , i didn't have any problem
Edit : Oops , not CP but RP . Anyway , NaturalViolence also has windows 8 Pro x64 , it seems he has no problem with Dolphin
I can get it working on my laptop with W7, my desktop with W7, working on OSX (nicely, surprisingly) but this is the only time I get this continuous issue. I just tried the latest stable from that thread - same issue again.

This sucks :/
See this Thread this is not a windows 8 error, this is an error caused
by placing a 32 bit dll where a 64 bit dll is supposed to be
(11-17-2012, 04:12 PM)Coflash Wrote: [ -> ]I can get it working on my laptop with W7, my desktop with W7, working on OSX (nicely, surprisingly) but this is the only time I get this continuous issue. I just tried the latest stable from that thread - same issue again.

Windows 8 sucks :/

There I fixed that line for you.

But to be serious, when I had Windows 8 x64 installed a while ago everything emulation related, Dolphin included worked just perfect back then.

Did you upgrade from Windows 7 or did you do a clean installation with formatting and all that?
I'm unsure if you can upgrade but that's why I ask. Clean installs is always to prefer.

And even if you think you have the latest, always download the latest Visual C++ 2005 SP1, Visual C++ 2008 SP1 and Visual C++ 2010 SP1 both x86 and x64 versions of the vcredists.

There shouldn't really exist any reason to why not Dolphin shouldn't work with Windows 8.
It's a clean install, I've uninstalled all Visual C++'s and am currently reinstalling them from scratch

How would existing vcomp + x_input DLLs affect any of this? (I ask because of that thread that was linked, the thread I read all the way through for the guy to get himself banned with no confirmed resolution :/ )

Okay, it's fixed. Here's exactly what I did:
  • Removed all vcredist installs
  • Reinstalled them (Visual C++ 2005 SP1, Visual C++ 2008 SP1, and Visual C++ 2010 SP1 (both x64 and x86 for 2010 SP1) but it still failed to launch)
  • Uninstalled them all, deleted xinput1_1.dll, xinput1_2.dll, xinput1_3.dll
  • Reinstalled all vcredist installs (Visual C++ 2005 SP1, Visual C++ 2008 SP1, and Visual C++ 2010 SP1 ONLY x64, but still failed to launch)
  • Reinstalled DXsetup - Done, it now works
Thanks for all the help. I'm guessing in my mad search to find these packages I came across a bad one somewhere along the way, or my x_input dlls were screwed. Either way, it works!
(11-17-2012, 06:10 PM)Coflash Wrote: [ -> ]It's a clean install, I've uninstalled all Visual C++'s and am currently reinstalling them from scratch

How would existing vcomp + x_input DLLs affect any of this? (I ask because of that thread that was linked, the thread I read all the way through for the guy to get himself banned with no confirmed resolution :/ )

Okay, it's fixed. Here's exactly what I did:
  • Removed all vcredist installs
  • Reinstalled them (Visual C++ 2005 SP1, Visual C++ 2008 SP1, and Visual C++ 2010 SP1 (both x64 and x86 for 2010 SP1) but it still failed to launch)
  • Uninstalled them all, deleted xinput1_1.dll, xinput1_2.dll, xinput1_3.dll
  • Reinstalled all vcredist installs (Visual C++ 2005 SP1, Visual C++ 2008 SP1, and Visual C++ 2010 SP1 ONLY x64, but still failed to launch)
  • Reinstalled DXsetup - Done, it now works
Thanks for all the help. I'm guessing in my mad search to find these packages I came across a bad one somewhere along the way, or my x_input dlls were screwed. Either way, it works!
(11-17-2012, 06:10 PM)Coflash Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Hmm, seems I spoke too soon. At the end of each area the screen just goes black :/
Which game? Which Dolphin revision?
Pages: 1 2