Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tales of Symphonia running way too fast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As most of you already know "Tales of Symphonia" finally received some love in the audio (thanks to Delroth) and now that i decided to play it again i have to bring this important issue up.

Seems like some build after 3.0 is causing ToS to run faster than normal, setting the frame limit to: Auto, Audio, 60, 30, limit by fps or enabling vsync doesn't fix this issue and having frame limit in 30 makes the game run slower, but not at normal speed.

This bug is caused when walking over the town (Lloyd start running way too fast), but in a fight or in the overworld (walking outside the town) the speed seems normal.
Haven't tried the PAL version of the game but in the NTSC version the "speed up bug" is very aparent, don't know why nobody haven't bringed this up yet...

Like i said, this bug happened somewhere after 3.0 since Dolphin didn't have this issue before in older revisions.
I noticed this too but as far as I can tell it's simply a case of "Lloyd running too fast" instead of the game running any faster. It's actually more convenient to me so I don't mind.

Maybe the input (left analogue X/Y) value is somehow higher than what is normally possible on a Gamecube controller? I know that in the game you later get an optional ability to run faster in towns/dungeons which was kind of like what is happening here.

edit: tested it more and it's definitely just the character run speed. It's faster than what's normally possible even with the ability I mentioned but enemies and other things moving around are not too fast.
Menu
EX-skills
Lloyd Irving
EX Gem Lv2《Personal》
-Increases mobility in cities and dungeons.
I have noticed that issue too. I think n-fani is right here: are you using a keyboard or a controller with a square stick? Try to change the square stick setting in the GCPad settings to something like 100.
(11-17-2012, 03:37 PM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]I have noticed that issue too. I think n-fani is right here: are you using a keyboard or a controller with a square stick? Try to change the square stick setting in the GCPad settings to something like 100.

I'm using a keyboard, changing the square stick setting to 100 made Lloyd come out of Sonic the Hedgehog mode. n-fani was indeed right.

I think this issue should be in the Dolphin wiki of ToS since Lloyd running like Sonic the Hedgehog was not the way the game was meant to be played.

Anyway thanks dudes.

Edit: Actually, with the square stick setting in 100 Lloyd is still running fast but at least is more bearable now, having the square stick setting in 0 is the one that gives Sonic a run for his money.