Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tales of Symphonia freezing issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seeing how HLE was actually improved so music in Tales of Symphonia now works with it I decided to grab 3.0-807 and try it out as LLE always got too slow for me in battles with full party. However with either HLE or LLE I'm running into an issue where the game freezes in place while the last half a second or so of audio keeps repeating over and over. The emulator also freezes with it and has to be terminated from task manager.

Checked the wiki and nobody else seems to have had the problem and it says the game doesn't need specific settings so I'm at a loss. Tried both DX9 and 11 and JIT and JITIL. Audio and auto framelimit too.

edit: Oh, forgot to mention that it seems pretty occur pretty randomly but happens quickly enough. It can happen in the title screen or at some point during the first cutscene of the game. I've never gotten past that scene.

edit2: Just to be sure it's not anything with my setup I tried playing on 3.0 again and it worked fine. Well, fine minus the fixed music.
Update to latest
Well, works nicely on 828. Now I feel stupid. I thought I had the newest but I forgot I downloaded it a few days ago already. Thanks for the tip.

Should I delete this thread?
No....