Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Deleted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First of all you have 1000$ to spend so stop calling this the Poor Man's Wii because what we're doing here is so far away from being a Poor Man's Wii as possible and most of us have spent 1000-2500$ to get the best out of Dolphin plus not to mention the real Wii for dumping all the games that also costs $$$

We're like gentlemen that wants more finer things and experiences in life. Play New Super Mario Bros. Wii in Dolphin with full HD and you'll never go back to the real Wii.

The real Wii is the real Poor Man's Wii and Dolphin pisses on it.

And while it's 100% true that if you buy a i5 3570K and OC it to 4.2 GHz you'll get super speeds but in all honestly with these newer chips it's not really necessary to OC. I play both Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 with DSP LLE and EFB Copy to RAM with my i7 3770K @ stock clock with Turbo Boost and get great speeds with the newest and latest versions of Dolphin.

I could OC but don't want to.
I have the i5 2500k and Galaxy (only have the first one) runs at full speed no problem. Sure, I turned down the graphical effects, but it's full speed. Turn of idle skipping and my LLE gives me no issues. I'm able to play 100% fine.
Quote:i5 3570K and OC it to 4.2 GHz you'll get super speeds but in all honestly with these newer chips it's not really necessary to OC
Say that again with The Last Story . Even 4.2GHz i5 3570k is not fast enough to run TLS fullspeed all the time , you will get fullspeed most of the time though
Without overclocking , you won't get fullspeed

Not mention multi-player games like Mario Kart (4 wiimotes) will give you performance hit if you don't overclock

Quote:I could OC but don't want to.
This doesn't make sense , you bought i7 3770k ,not i7 3770 . If you don't want to overclock , you should stick with no-k CPU
Well , you decide what you're doing . I won't force my opinion on you
(11-17-2012, 06:50 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:i5 3570K and OC it to 4.2 GHz you'll get super speeds but in all honestly with these newer chips it's not really necessary to OC
Say that again with The Last Story . Even 4.2GHz i5 3570k is not fast enough to run TLS fullspeed all the time , you will get fullspeed most of the time though
Without overclocking , you won't get fullspeed

Not mention multi-player games like Mario Kart (4 wiimotes) will give you performance hit if you don't overclock

Quote:I could OC but don't want to.
This doesn't make sense , you bought i7 3770k ,not i7 3770 . If you don't want to overclock , you should stick with no-k CPU
Well , you decide what you're doing . I won't force my opinion on you

Nothing I say around here makes sense to no one, so yeah what's new man?

But as far as K or not K model concerned I just want to have the doors open in case I get the itch, you do remember my i7 2600K OC to 4.9GHz do you? ( http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-her...-at-4-9ghz ) There you go laddie, now you remember Smile
I can do whatever I want, whether it makes sense or not. So please stop questioning my way of doing things.

That's freedom at it's best!
I see you misunderstood my comment
I didn't point at you , you can do whatever you want since you're advanced user Tongue
I give my opinion to the OP actually Big Grin
(11-17-2012, 08:29 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]I see you misunderstood my comment
I didn't point at you , you can do whatever you want since you're advanced user Tongue
I give my opinion to the OP actually Big Grin

Yeah I guess I did misunderstood you. My entire day have been kinda hectic moving around the house from one computer to another doing different stuff.
Burn new software and emulators DVD, backup the emulation rig, format it, then post here being social Big Grin, going back reinstall Windows and finally restore and install all new updates and games Big Grin
My intention is to finally get everything done by tonight.
Quote:I can do whatever I want, whether it makes sense or not. So please stop questioning my way of doing things.

That's freedom at it's best!

Freedom is him being able to question the way you do things.

Now on to the topic at hand.

-Z77 motherboard (or Z75 if you want to be really cheap)
-decent air cooler (, <=$30 for ok quality, <=$50 for good quality, <=$80 for great quality)
-samsung spinpoint F3 is one of my favorites, it's ok if you pick something else though
-chassis is up to you
-no SSD
-power supply is up to you, I recently bought this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6817371016
and I am extremely impressed with the build quality considering the low cost
-the GPU is also totally up to you, it depends on what brand you prefer and how much you want to spend
-any well rated DDR3 ram 1600MHz and up will do, get at least 8GB (2 x 4GB)
-any well rated disk drive will do, get a blu-ray drive if you want blu-ray support, get a dvd burner or a blu-ray burner if you want to be able to burn those disks
(11-18-2012, 12:17 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]-decent air cooler (, <=$30 for ok quality, <=$50 for good quality, <=$80 for great quality)

Why does no one like the hyper 212 evo D: (price is close enough :p)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835103099

(11-18-2012, 12:17 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]-power supply is up to you, I recently bought this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6817371016
and I am extremely impressed with the build quality considering the low cost

*ExtremeDude2 is surprised NV bought a 550w PSU*

Edit: *remembers how little power ivybridge uses*
Quote:Why does no one like the hyper 212 evo D: (price is close enough )

Because its performance is mediocre at best.

Quote:*ExtremeDude2 is surprised NV bought a 550w PSU*

Technically a friend bought it. I just told him what to buy and installed it for him. I got an 650w OCZ ZT series PSU while it was on sale (I wanted to buy the antec PSU but the sale price was too good to pass up).

Also what's wrong with a 550w PSU? That's far more than enough unless you're planning on building a multi-GPU
The Thermalright HR-02 Macho is much better than the Hyper 212 Evo. As NV said, the Hyper 212 Evo is an average CPU cooler Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3